cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can rid us of that Barmey Cat

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't think of any reason, let alone any good reason, why O2  should have chosen to promote itself using a cat that thinks it is a dog. It is weird,  and maybe even disrespectful to both species of mammal, never mind the human beings it is aimed at.  So high time to get rid of it!!   Why not start now - with a more relvant approach.  I was thinking of a slogan something like "BE MORE HELPFUL" with a wide image of an O2 Call Centre showing operatives falling asleep at their computer terminals while irate customers foam and fume as their blood pressure rises to the point where they have absolutely no alternative but to log in to O2 Community for a good old rant.

Well that is certainly the impression one is left with after a quick survey of the various boards in this forum - and never a word of explanation, apology, excuse or promise to do better from O2.  Perhaps we should all chant at O2 management (if such exists)  "Be more Dog!!  Face up to reality and your responsibilities! Do something worthwhile about your Customer Services, starting with online CHAT"

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I can be all encompassing LOL

Why does that sound soooooooooo intimidating?  LOL

I am a little kitten really @Anonymous LOL

I have had to edit this as apparently the word I wanted to use was bleeped out....need to look at these blocking filters on here I think Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I tried to say pu*dd*y cat...but spelt with double s instead of d....??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I sometimes question the sanity of the marketing 'genius' or genii (?) who are paid vast amounts of money to ome up with these campaigns. Idiots is putting it politely!

Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I can be all encompassing LOL

Why does that sound soooooooooo intimidating?  LOL

I am a little kitten really @Anonymous LOL

I have had to edit this as apparently the word I wanted to use was bleeped out....need to look at these blocking filters on here I think Evil

Oh I knew what you meant Denise!   Now if they had thought to say Be More Lion or Be More Tiger or even Be More Cougar  - that would have been different.

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's no secret I like the (I refuse to call it what you've called it Gerry) posh cat

though what it has got to do with an O2 advertising/promotion camaign is lost on me

I did ask at my local O2 shop if I could have their posters of the posh cat, when they finished with them

I went back some time later & was told they'd gone back to the manufacturer?

still, there is hope that I'll get the Christmas posters where the posh cat is pulling a sleigh in the sky - if I leave my phone details ..... there is always hope

WispaRed7 Cat It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves : Sir Edmund Hillary

Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
The cat is gorgeous and I'd love to own one like him. However no self respecting cat would ever want to be like a dog!
Message 16 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The cat is gorgeous and I'd love to own one like him. However no self respecting cat would ever want to be like a dog!

Oh @Anonymous  I am saddened....YOU LIKE THAT CAT??..It's a freak LOL

Anyway, that aside, lovely to see you back on and hope all is well? wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
He's a beautiful ginger fluff ball!

I'm fine thanks Cleoriff. It's been a busy few weeks - I'm looking forward to a few days off at Christmas!
Message 18 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
He's a beautiful ginger fluff ball!

I'm fine thanks Cleoriff. It's been a busy few weeks - I'm looking forward to a few days off at Christmas!

A beautiful ginger fluffball who is a dog....with a cats head.....Bouncy

That aside , enjoy Christmas and have a good rest... (if that is even possible) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you, well said @Anonymous 

WispaRed7 Cat cat people are nice people

Message 20 of 20