• 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

WHITE ROOM QUIZ- THE REVENGE!!

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

Morning everyone!

I posted advance notice of this quiz on Monday HERE 

The White Room quiz with a difference!

@Mi-Amigo  has been setting these quizzes and testing our brain power since August 2019.

Now it's HIS turn to be in the spotlight and show us what his knowledge is like, without access to reference books, Google, Wiki You Tube.

I also welcome everyone else to take part. @pgn , @gmarkj @MI5 @jonsie  @WispaRed7  @RyanK1992  @jezza1234 @Marjo @Martin-O2 @Bob_Mcg @Sy @TallTrees and any other member new and old.

QUESTIONS:

Q1 (Inventions) Lewis Carroll was a well-known author. He was also an inventor. What was his most famous invention?

Q2: (Music)  What song reached No.6 in the UK charts in the 1950's and then reached No.1 twenty nine years later?

Q3 (History) What was the shortest war ever fought?

Q4 (Sport) Up till July 2018, what was the most watched Sporting event in the World?

Q5 (Television) In the USA, who were the first couple to be seen in bed together on TV?

Q6 (Theatre) In the Shakespeare play Romeo and Juliet, how old was Juliet when she died?

Q7 (World Record) What building holds the world record for the most toilets?

Q8 (Culture) In what country is it considered extremely impolite to touch an adults head?

Q9 (Geography) What Middle east capital city was once called Philadelphia?

Q10 (Medicine) What is the oldest, most widely used drug in the world?

Q11 (Literature) Night is generally my time for walking.” This is the opening line to which novel by Charles Dickens?

Q12 (Food and Drink) Which beer famously has a blue 5 pointed star on its label?

RULES: PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN TIMINGS

Everyone who wishes to take part must PM ME (@Cleoriff ) their answers between the hours of 00.01- 23.00pm THURSDAY 16th January.

@Mi-Amigo will post his answers OPENLY on the thread between 23.15 and 23.59pm the same day THURSDAY 16th January (once all PM'd answers have been sent to me)

Any answers which arrive or are posted after the times stated will be declared null and void.

Also no use of google, wiki, reference books or YouTube for anyone taking part.

ANSWERS AND RESULTS :

Each member will be awarded a star for any correct answer

There will also be an award of the Thinkers

Thinker 4.PNG

I will post the answers on Friday 17th January

That's it. Best of luck. Let battle commence yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for running the quiz @Cleoriff! It was really fun to take part and was super challenging. smiling

A shout out to @Mi-Amigo too for all the quiz work he's been doing. yahoo

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 61 of 68

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I'm so pleased with my star @Cleoriff , I guessed all of them as it was super difficult! Bouncy

Cheers for organising this! slight_smile

Message 62 of 68

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2  and @Marjo 

Thanks so much for taking part and being such good sports. I know @Marjo  was in meetings all day leaving @Martin-O2  to do all the forum work.

Thanks again.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 68

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@BobM 

I had two people 'advising' me that the answers would be easy to work out if I did it on Excel. One was @pgn  the other was my husband Ray. I pointed out ..

1) I had never used Excel actually and....

2) The format had always been to show the answers given by everyone(in condensed format) with stars awarded so how the hell would that work on Excel (I only said that to my other half not @pgn ) rofl

Excel-lent move, best avoided if you've managed thus far without it, @Cleoriff rofl

Thanks for the sterling work and 10 stars. 

Message 64 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable
This did not look like fun! (On either side)
Message 65 of 68

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well done all and thanks to @Cleoriff  for the time involved in setting the quiz. I'm happy with 6 correct as I realise I've forgotten more than I know. I should have got the Dicken and Shakespeare questions correct as I read all their works at school some 55 years ago!

Message 66 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done and thank you @Cleoriff for all your hard work trophy

I should have got the 2012 Olympics 

I did get Newkie Brahn correct, even though I've never drunk any 

Like @Marjo , I'm very happy with my one star star

Just goes to show all the time and trouble it takes for @Mi-Amigo to compile the quizes regularly

Message 67 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
This did not look like fun! (On either side)

Actually, I enjoyed  setting it up @Anonymous. It was sorting through the answers and posting them which became a time consuming challenge. I started to think THE REVENGE was on me! rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 68