White Room Quiz - Special Announcement

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25166 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

white-room-quiz2.png

IS ONE YEAR OLD!!!

To celebrate the FIRST ANNIVERSAY of the WHITE ROOM QUIZ, there will be a special edition of the White Room Quiz on Monday 03 August 2020.

Instead of the usual eight questions, with two questions in each of four categories, there will be

12 questions - with one question in each of these 12 categories

HISTORY  PLACES  NATURE  SPACE  ART  LITERATURE  MUSIC  MOVIES  TV  SPORT  GAMES   FOOD & DRINK

Each correct answer given by each member will be awarded a star .

In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

As usual, all those who wish to take part will have to pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of those, past and present, who have taken part in one or more White Room Quiz.

In particular, my thanks are extended to the current regulars

@Cleoriff  @jonsie  @pgn  @MI5  @gmarkj  @Anonymous  @Martin-O2  @Marjo  @LukasB  @O2Karl 

who have taken part twice a week, sometimes tackling some difficult questions.

A special mention must be made of @Cleoriff who twice was not only questionmaster but also  organised and ran the White Room Quiz, so that I could take part.

BRIEF HISTORY OF THE WHITE ROOM QUIZ:

The White Room Quiz was "born" on 01 August 2019, when it was known as the White Room Thursday Quiz.

The name "White Room [Thursday] Quiz" was chosen as an alternative to the infamous Black Chair of BBC TV`s Mastermind, which was daunting, whilst the White Room is intended as fun and an escape from the everyday pressures.

The White Room Quiz has undergone various changes during its twelve months - most notable the introduction of those taking part pming their answers being to me - Mi-Amigo as the questionmaster, and on two occasions to Cleoriff when she was questionmaster.

I hope that each and everyone of our regulars will take part in the White Room Quiz on Monday.

Thank you everyone for making this quiz so popular.

it has been, and continues to be, an honour and privilege to research, organise and run the White Room Quiz, which will continue to run for as long as members want it and enjoy it. Hero

@Mi-Amigo       

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Happy anniversary.
The quizzes have been a welcome distraction in these very troubled times.
Message 2 of 20

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Totally agree with @jonsie they are great to do and thanks for putting the time and effort in to do them, it's appreicated.

signature
Message 3 of 20

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36052 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions
Bonne anniversaire!

Looking forward to that, @Mi-Amigo!
Message 4 of 20

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12083 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Wow, has it been a year already?
Happy birthday/anniversary to the White Room Quiz and congrats @Mi-Amigo!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 20

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Happy anniversary @Mi-Amigo and all the quiz regulars! The quiz has been such a fun activity to look forward to each week and long may it continue. yahoo

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 20

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

That's amazing @Mi-Amigo ! Happy Quizziversary! yahoo Totally agree with the above, it's been a lovely addition to the community and a lot of fun. Thanks a lot for organising this and in such a consistent way too.

I am still aiming for that Red Thinker one day. nerd

Message 7 of 20

Mi-Amigo
  • 25166 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie  @O2Karl  @pgn  @gmarkj  @Martin-O2  @Marjo for your kind words, which are much appreciated.

I am so pleased that everyone gets as much enjoyment from the quiz as I do in researching and running them.

Good luck with the subjects for the Anniversary edition - at least you have plenty of time to consider them over the weekend. 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Sounds good
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 20

Mi-Amigo
  • 25166 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 20