Did you mean: 

White Room Quiz - Special Announcement 150th WRQ Wed 21 July 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

white-room-quiz2.png

This coming Wednesday  - 21 July 2021 - will be the

150th White Room Quiz

since the White Room Quiz began on 1 August 2019

Instead of the usual eight questions, there will be 10 questions - with one question on each of these categories, with one question related to "150th"

PEOPLE           GEOGRAPHY     PLACES     MATURE     WORDS   

LITERATURE    MUSIC               MOVIES     SPORT         FOOD & DRINK

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer.

In addition, Thinker will also be awarded as follows

10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers       answers      answers      answers

golden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Gold            Silver         Bronze            Red

Thinker       Thinker       Thinker          Thinker          

Since the White Room Quiz began on 1 August 2019, the quizzers have faced a variety of questions - some "tricky"; the occasional QI-style question, where the answer is not what most people think; and questions which quiz books rate as "easier", which some quizzers have found difficult.

Some of the White Room Quizzers have correctly answered a question which Paul Sinha, ranked No 17 in the World Quiz Championship, got wrong on ITV`s The Chase; correctly answered a question which one of the country`s top quiz teams got wrong on Ch 4`s The Hardest Question; correctly answered a question which Kevin, Mastermind Champion, got wrong on BBC TV`s Eggheads; and correctly answered the question which Judith Keppell correctly answered to become the first person to win £1million on ITV`s Who Wants To Be A Miilionaire.

Now, to celebrate the 150th White Room Quiz, there is a chance to be awarded a Gold Thinker.  

I am grateful to each and every one of those, past and present, who have tackled some, if not all, of the White Room Quiz questions.

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @gmarkj  @MI5 @BobM @TallTrees @TheresaV @LukasB @Martin-O2 

- and @O2EmmaLouise and @Cairdeas who took part in WRQ recently - and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with this 150th WRQ 

on Wednesday 21 July 2021.

Thank you. Look forward to seeing as many as possible taking part. 

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Uhhhh this is exciting @Mi-Amigo heart_eyes I can't believe it's gonna be the 150th WRQ! A big shoutout to you for creating a gobsmacking number of 150 quizzes for us, this is amazing! clap

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 9

Mi-Amigo
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

Uhhhh this is exciting @Mi-Amigo heart_eyes I can't believe it's gonna be the 150th WRQ! A big shoutout to you for creating a gobsmacking number of 150 quizzes for us, this is amazing! clap

Thank you @TheresaV .

It has, and is, a privilege and honour to create and run 148 of the 150 WRQs.

A special thanks must be made at this time to thank @Cleoriff who organised, searched out the questions and ran two WRQ - so as to allow me to take part in a White Room Quiz. Oh and I didn`t get top Thinker in either of her WRQs yahoo 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo  Is that question NATURE instead of MATURE?

Looks good either way....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37232 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo  Is that question NATURE instead of MATURE?

Looks good either way....wink

Haha, given it's my birthday that day, MATURE will do LOL

Message 5 of 9

Mi-Amigo
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff and @pgn 

It should, of course, have read NATURE - not Mature

and Best Wishes for the day @pgn 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
At least it wasn't MANURE !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 9

Mi-Amigo
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
At least it wasn't MANURE !

joy @MI5 

I don`t think even I could come up with a question on that... but then again there`s always  future edition of the "Odd questions" WRQ Thoughful

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

It should stay as MATURE then  @Mi-Amigo @pgn 

WE can all guess how old you are rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9