cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which sports do you think should receive more coverage?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys,

We’re pretty spoilt for choice when it comes to televised sports these days and most other things are available online but do you think anything is missing from the line up on regular channels?

Perhaps some American sports you want to see more of like the Super Bowl? Did anyone stay up to watch the last one and have to pull a sicky the next day?  Whistle

Is there something that you enjoy and think deserves TV coverage? On the flip side to you think any current televised sports should not be on TV? 

TV sports .jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Normally I have no problem with boxing but I have a big issue when children are involved. My grandson is the Lancashire champion for his age group but watching him fight takes years off me. Informed decisions by adults is one thing but children no no. Proud yes but...

Message 11 of 83

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Normally I have no problem with boxing but I have a big issue when children are involved. My grandson is the Lancashire champion for his age group but watching him fight takes years off me. Informed decisions by adults is one thing but children no no. Proud yes but...

I must be hard to watch! I agree there should be ab age limit for actual fights. Training for youngsters is OK in my book though.

MMA sees far less head injuries even though it's more brutal then boxing the fights are much shorter and a lot are won by submission rather then knockouts. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 12 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 124238 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

You know I would far rather kids of today took up some sort of martial arts/self defence training.

Maybe part of the school curriculum? ...#justsaying

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 83

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

A very good idea @Cleoriff a lot of the traditional martial arts are fantastic for fitness, flexibility and self discipline. 

signature

Message 14 of 83

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

This was after winning the championship. I must say they are well organised and wear protective gear but bear in mind there are 5-6 year boys and girls old fighting too, so where do you draw the line? It's ok channelling aggression into training and into a 10 minute bout but I would prefer my grandkids to stick to their football activities.

Mind you, I've seen some football matches they play which are far more violent thanks to the antics of so called Premier league stars highlighted on tv.....and don't even get me started on responsible parents yelling obscenities....

Leon Champ.jpg

Message 15 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 124238 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Brilliant pic @jonsie You must have been so proud....Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 83

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I was @Cleoriff but next month he defends the championship again so another 3 fights.....:smileysad:

Message 17 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 124238 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I was @Cleoriff but next month he defends the championship again so another 3 fights.....:smileysad:

Oh god....more sleepless nights. Best of luck to him though. In over a year he will have got better and better...Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 83

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I second that good luck to him and try not to worry too much @jonsie

signature

Message 19 of 83

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately,  I won't be able to see the fights so will be reliant on Skype for updates.

Message 20 of 83