Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Level 19: Quirky

Re: Where does your username come from?

Mine's about as unimaginative as they come...it's the first part of my postcode. Smiley Happy

My personal email address for household stuff etc. is also my full postcode @gmail - I wasn't feeling very inspired when I set that up either, haha. When I closed down my business and came to work for O2, I was in the process of separating out personal emails from the business and decided I needed  a "dumping ground" account for things like utility providers, and the postcode was the first thing to hand - it's just kind of stuck since then. yahoo

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Topics: 547

No idea where mine came from..... perhaps I need to change it for something obscure @Marjo

Topics: 683

@jonsie wrote:

No idea where mine came from..... perhaps I need to change it for something obscure @Marjo

Pffftttt......it's part of your surname...clown innocent

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

Mine is the actual meaning of my real name. Can't remember why I added the '1'. I'm sure it made sense at the time.....Confused

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 71

Mine is easy i have a Staffie dog called Poppy and i am her mum so Poppysmum simples dog

Anonymous

Many years ago when I worked at..

8D0AE027-E7E7-4BF7-87F3-6155A37DE5E4.jpeg

they used to to give all the newbies a cup with their nickname on it. At this point in my life I was a career focused young pup, wet behind behind the ears, concentrated on everything but never laughed or joked at work.

So they sent off the order for cups & this came back...

3CD3A70E-3FD2-4EF6-A9F1-E4499FC88B08.jpeg

because the the cup company couldn’t spell my nickname ‘Curmudgeon’ & it’s stuck ever since

@AnonymousYou worked as an ATC?  That must have been a very stressful job. I have no idea how you coped with that. What a responsibility....Hero

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 547

I thought that was his nickname..... 😂 

Any near misses to share @Anonymous?

Kudos to you for being able to do that job 😊

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

@Cleoriff it’s only when planes start dropping out of the sky that it gets stressful!

@jonsie I once forgot that people were parachuting from 20,000 feet and let 4 Harriers fly through at 2000 feet

It was the 1st time and last time I made that mistake!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff it’s only when planes start dropping out of the sky that it gets stressful!

@jonsie I once forgot that people were parachuting from 20,000 feet and let 4 Harriers fly through at 2000 feet

It was the 1st time and last time I made that mistake!

Good grief....As a one time frequent flyer....that's all I can say Shocked

*The Game Is On*