Did you mean: 

Welcoming new fluffy friends 🐹

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I've got some very exciting news: I'll be adopting two guinea pigs this weekend!  

Picture of enclosure for guinea pigs

We've been preparing their new home all week, researching vets, insurance, food, care tips and all sorts of things to make sure they are happy piggies. Here's the enclosure we've prepared - the ramp between the two levels will be added tonight, we are putting the finishing touches to it and making sure it's safe and secure:

Not pictured in this photo are all the toys, tunnels and "boredom-breakers" I've also got for them to keep them active and entertained. ☺️

Tomorrow morning I'm heading to a rescue in Richmond to meet a few pairs of guinea pigs and hopefully, if everything goes well, bring one (pair) back home with me. I'll post pictures of them next week slight_smile

In the past, I've only ever had dogs (and one rescue bird that stayed with me for a few years as well), so this is all very new for me. 

Do any of you guys have experience with guinea pigs? Any tips and advice you could share? I've been reading a lot about piggies and watching many videos lately, and all help is very welcome!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 106
105 REPLIES 105

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They look smashing slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 106

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Sounds like they have settled very nicely.
Congratulations to Cookie and Brownie for finding their happy new home!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 42 of 106

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff @Mi-Amigo @MI5 @gmarkj Thanks guys for all the nice comments on my fluffballs! I can't wait to see them tonight, will be posting pictures every now and then if you want slight_smile heart

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

signature

Message 43 of 106

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @EmilieT
Perfect they are fab and the names are perfect too. They are so lucky to find a good and happy home with you. The photos are really nice, they are totally adorable. More news and pics when you can. 😍

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 44 of 106

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 45 of 106

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Cleoriff @Mi-Amigo @MI5 @gmarkj Thanks guys for all the nice comments on my fluffballs! I can't wait to see them tonight, will be posting pictures every now and then if you want slight_smile heart

Certainly post more pics @EmilieT 

PS, are you ever going to let them out of the cage for a scamper around the flat? I ask as I have  a friend who has two and every so often she lets them out. Fully supervised of course?!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 106

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@EmilieT wrote:

Certainly post more pics @EmilieT 

PS, are you ever going to let them out of the cage for a scamper around the flat? I ask as I have  a friend who has two and every so often she lets them out. Fully supervised of course?!!

Could always take them for a walk.....

Image result for hamster leads

Message 47 of 106

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Image result for hamster leads

roflheart_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 106

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

These guys are adorable! heart_eyes Congrats on the new family members @EmilieT!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

signature

Message 49 of 106

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@EmilieT 

Definitely would like to see more pix of the "fluffballs" [love that nickname].sweat_smile

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 50 of 106