Did you mean: 

Welcoming new fluffy friends 🐹

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I've got some very exciting news: I'll be adopting two guinea pigs this weekend!  

Picture of enclosure for guinea pigs

We've been preparing their new home all week, researching vets, insurance, food, care tips and all sorts of things to make sure they are happy piggies. Here's the enclosure we've prepared - the ramp between the two levels will be added tonight, we are putting the finishing touches to it and making sure it's safe and secure:

Not pictured in this photo are all the toys, tunnels and "boredom-breakers" I've also got for them to keep them active and entertained. ☺️

Tomorrow morning I'm heading to a rescue in Richmond to meet a few pairs of guinea pigs and hopefully, if everything goes well, bring one (pair) back home with me. I'll post pictures of them next week slight_smile

In the past, I've only ever had dogs (and one rescue bird that stayed with me for a few years as well), so this is all very new for me. 

Do any of you guys have experience with guinea pigs? Any tips and advice you could share? I've been reading a lot about piggies and watching many videos lately, and all help is very welcome!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 106
105 REPLIES 105

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Seahorse wrote:

They are so very cute! 

Thanks @Seahorse hugging I tried cutting their nails for the first time last night, and they were much less adorable then sweat_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 81 of 106

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Seahorse wrote:

They are so very cute! 

Thanks @Seahorse hugging I tried cutting their nails for the first time last night, and they were much less adorable then sweat_smile

A bit like this @EmilieT ?

Image result for cutting guinea pig nails meme

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 82 of 106

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo  LOL

Well Cookie was happily calmed down by pea flakes and basil leaves, but Brownie was not having it - he was eating all the treats while making it as hard for me to get a hold of his feet as possible. I ended up only doing his back legs, and it was quite a fight, he's surprisingly strong flushed

signature

Message 83 of 106

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy Halloween everyone! jack_o_lantern 

To celebrate, Brownie got a mini pumpkin he loved, and Cookie made a mess out of red pepper and looked like a vampire, or zombie ghost

Guinea pig Guinea pig

signature

Message 84 of 106

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I love the pics @EmilieT . Brownie looks like he is giving a look which says "Don`t even think about touching my pumpkin"; and Cookie looks like he`s doing an Oliver [asking for more].

Thanks so much for sharing these with us... smile  

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 85 of 106

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

I love the pics @EmilieT . Brownie looks like he is giving a look which says "Don`t even think about touching my pumpkin"; and Cookie looks like he`s doing an Oliver [asking for more].

Thanks so much for sharing these with us... smile  

Totally agree @Mi-Amigo 

They are lovely @EmilieT heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 86 of 106

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
@EmilieT
Looks like you've been having a "Guinea pig" party time of it, except for the nail cutting of course don't forget front paws when you've got your strength back 😩😩🥴

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 87 of 106

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey guys, 

I hope you're all well slight_smile I just wanted to drop by to say hello, and in advance wish you all happy holidays from myself and the boys!

IMG_3788 2.JPGIMG_3504 2.JPGScreenshot 2019-12-10 at 11.03.43.png

signature

Message 88 of 106

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh @EmilieT  what lovely pictures. All dressed up ready for Christmas.

Thanks for popping by. We really miss you  heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 89 of 106

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya @EmilieT 

Hope all is well with you.

Thanks so much for the lovely pix of the little fluffies - don`t know how much they appreciate their hats, but bet they are looking forward to Santa arriving with their festive treats yum joy

Have a good time over the festive period and hope to hear again from you soon Hug Wave

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 90 of 106