Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

This week`s contestant, chosen at random by @EmilieT is

@pgn 

The six questions are:

Q1 [history]: Who was the youngest person to assume the office of President of the United States of America?

Q2 [words]: What is an abomasum?

Q3 [games]: Where does the secret passage from the Lounge lead to in Waddington`s Cluedo in the 1960s edition? 

Q4 [science]: Which two letters form the chemical symbol for mercury?

Q5 [music]: What was the original title of The Kink`s song, before the lyrics and title were changed before release to "Waterloo Sunset"?

Q6 [tv sitcom]: Who, according to the lyrics of the title song of TV sitcom "Only Fools And Horses" did Derek "Del Boy" Trotter get "Some Trevor Francis tracksuits" from ?

Rules:

You can only give one answer to each question.

You can answer the questions in any order - please copy and paste the question and add your answer.

You can post all of the answers together in one posts; or post one, or more, answer in several posts [as you - @pgn - did previously]; at any time between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thursday] 10 October 2019. Please note: a second answer to any question cannot be given in these subsequent posts. 

Any answer posted before 00.01 or after 23.59 will be declared void.

Please - no googling, Wiki, social media, Youtube in search of the answers.

The results, with the correct answers, will be posted either late on Thursday 17 October [after answers have been submitted] or on Friday morning 18 October 2019.

Each correct answer will be awarded a star

If you get all six questions correct, you will be awarded the Silver Thinker

Image result for silver thinker

All members, including those who have already been a contestant or have put their names forward as contestants and those who are considering being a future contestant, are welcome to join in and play along - by making their own list of questions and seeing how many they can get right - but, please do not post your answers on the thread.

Thank you for your interest and good luck @pgn 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cluedo seems to be the one which caught people out...

@jonsie - as a matter of interest, what answer would you have given for the US President? and I guess you knew The Kinks one??? 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 21 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I knew the Kinks question yes.

I guessed Kennedy but I should have known it was too obvious for your devious mind.....wink

Message 22 of 25

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I knew the Kinks question yes.

I guessed Kennedy but I should have known it was too obvious for your devious mind.....wink

Too right, it was my "devious mind". Last weekend, I was looking for questions and in a very old history book of mine came across some facts about US presidents. So it was really a "chance" find on my part.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 23 of 25

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Oh wow, congrats @pgn Mexican Wave

I learned quite a few things there nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 24 of 25

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Oh wow, congrats @pgn Mexican Wave

I learned quite a few things there nerd

So how many questions did you know the answer to @EmilieT ? There were some tough ones this week.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 25 of 25