Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93344 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 6731 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 124345 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Supervet was something else tonight. Sad...very sad...(but still brilliant)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6732 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Supervet was something else tonight. Sad...very sad...(but still brilliant)

I've just watched it on the iPlayer ... & yes very sad ... I didn't see that coming ... but, an unmissable programme each week 

Cat

Message 6733 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 124345 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Of course Ch 4 has started it's new series of the Secret Life of the Zoo. (about Chester Zoo) thank god for good TV in the dark dank winter months LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6734 of 7,616

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Of course Ch 4 has started it's new series of the Secret Life of the Zoo. (about Chester Zoo) thank god for good TV in the dark dank winter months LOL

I haven't watched this, but from the name I would think it secretly films the antics of the zoo animals when no-one is looking, and of course the animals will be like in the Madagascar movies...

Any close? grin

Madagascar

Message 6735 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 124345 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Not really @Marjo. :smileytongue:It's filmed in Chester Zoo with a lot of input from the staff giving explanation and background on various animals. Its a great combination of interaction between the animals and the keepers.

Zebras giving birth...and the jealousy between older siblings towards the new kids on the block. Two sloths where the female had no interest in the male...until the keepers tried a couple of tricks. An endangered Asian lion and lioness...who also couldn't be 'assed' to mate (purely because he had lost his dominance) until the keepers started to make the lion fight to get his food....(they hung it from trees etc) He recovered his dominance. She recovered her interest...Nuff said....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6736 of 7,616

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hahaha that sounds very entertaining. Thanks for the heads up! I'll try catch it if it's available online somewhere.

Message 6737 of 7,616

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Marjo you can catch up with it on All4 which is where I watch episodes.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6738 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 124345 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

It's certainly not Planet Earth ......and I know many people don't agree with Zoos.... but nowadays with more and more species becoming endangered... at least they are safe and cared for. Many zoos have breeding/release into the wild programmes running...so it is a type of preservation..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6739 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 93344 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I have always detested zoos and the despicable circuses. Zoos do serve a purpose in preservation of species but I long since gave up visits because it broke my heart seeing animals caged or confined. At least they are protected from their biggest predator, vermin claiming to be human, but the cruelty that goes on in some of the overseas zoos is appalling.

Message 6740 of 7,616