Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 ... how are you ? ... you can pm me if you like

Very sad to say, over the weekend, I heard of an elderly grand gentleman I've know for 22 years is in hospital & is very unlikely to come out slight_frown

Also the mother of a good friend of mine has been rushed into hospital with hypothermia, we will know more next week slight_frown

In addition a friend of mine who has had a run of ill-health is in hospital with a punctured lung - apparently he feels the drugs are EPIC  @Cleoriff 

2016 has been a bad year with my family / friends, my future daughter-in-law's family for ill-health ... & ... the year isn't over yet ... not to be despondent = Chrisbo is a-coming slight_smile

Message 6681 of 7,616

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous have sent you a PM. Sorry to hear your bad news. Unfortunately it is that time of year and as you say Xmas is a-coming.

I may start a new thread about Xmas plans for everyone within the next week or so. Not feeling it at the moment. Oh and I love Xmas - which is saying something as I'm Jewish! 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6682 of 7,616

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous sorry to hear that gal....thinking of you and your friends...

As for the one who thinks the drugs are epic...if it's morphine and he has a pneumothorax (punctured lung)...then yes he will. Having nursed patients with the same condition I can tell you it's very very painful.:smileysad: Still ...once the lung has reinflated itself the pain will go...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6683 of 7,616

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions
Can confirm punctured lungs are not good, but IV morphine is very nice. Managed to lose 2 days in L&D hospital once. Which was impressive considering I had broken 4 ribs and my collar bone!
Sorry to hear about the list of illnesses as well.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6684 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all above  ^  ^  ^  for your kind thoughts heart

I have to go to the same hospital on Friday (an afternoon thing) so I'm hoping to visit some if not all of them

I've got cards to either post or leave at reception 

Message 6685 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Not a good time for you Jane but please don't forget to think about yourself and your own wellbeing slight_smile

Message 6686 of 7,616

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I second that. You will be no help to anyone Jane if you fall ill. Take care of yourself.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6687 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

November is my most hated month....I have been back from Spain just under 10 days and already coughing and sneezing....Deep joy..... Roll on Summer....Happy Dance

Image result for Images of the sun

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6688 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got in after leaving the house at noon for time with my beautician friend ... feeling pampered Bouncy

House temperature is 13.5c ... heating is now on to 18.5c ... thank you @jonsie @Glory1 & of course @Cleoriff for your considerate thoughts

Just to say my friend's mother with hypothermia is now stable, trying to talk, eyes are closed as yet, but she can hear 

My friend with the punctured lung has been moved to Leeds, either LGI Leeds General Infirmary or St James' hospital ... I will find out to send a card

I don't intend to post much more about my poorly friends ... & ... I shall try to look after myself in the meantime

Off to see A Street Cat Named Bob Cat Very Happy at The Light, Leeds tomorrow with a friend ... excited ... Bouncy

Message 6689 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Oh that sounds lovely Jane...Let me know what you think... Loved the book...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6690 of 7,616