Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

If you think we should change them, we can definitely discuss it. Last time, we asked for names and we got lots of suggestions from a variety of backgrounds (i.e. education, military etc). Do you think a unified theme would be better? Or just numbered levels?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 891 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Toby

How about.

Beginner.
Learner.
Intermediate.
Upcoming.
Knowledgeable.
Message 892 of 7,616

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145954 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
I quite like mine slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 893 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 894 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
Hi guys,

If you think we should change them, we can definitely discuss it. Last time, we asked for names and we got lots of suggestions from a variety of backgrounds (i.e. education, military etc). Do you think a unified theme would be better? Or just numbered levels?

I suppose a lot depends on the purpose(s), if any, that lie behind these labels.  How are they really used "behind the scenes"?  Do they encourage users in any sensible way or are they just a "bit of fun"?  Whatever the answers, please lets avoid "just numbered levels" - we live in an age when we all too easily relegate thinking, sentient human beings to mere reference numbers.

Gerry

Message 895 of 7,616

MI5
  • 145954 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

but will you like the next level....:smileywink:

That's all part of the fun slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 896 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Hi @MI5 .  I recall in the very early days of my involvement with computers (Sinclair Sprectrum and all that) with so little memory at ones disposal all sorts of abbreviations had to be invented to save space.  "Legend" would probably have become "foot" (a leg end). 

But I have no doubt that you are indeed a Legend whether in or out of this Forum.

Gerry

Message 897 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 123894 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

If honest I actually quite like the aspect of going up a level and getting a new name...

I think its a bit of fun and has caused much debate and hilarity...I just don't like last few I have had ie..Casual specs..Climbing the ladder, and now Hard Hitter...I think the next one is Desk Jockey...I am hardly that....

I am certainly not going to be one of those that gets all high minded about it...

They are fun and amusing.... Although some are just plain stupid LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 898 of 7,616

MI5
  • 145954 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
Amusing is the way I see them too slight_smile

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 899 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Apparently I am now a *Hard Hitter* (level wise)......

Seems the higher you go the dafter these titles get.....

Certainly agree with your assessment @Cleoriff  - but (slow as I am on the uptake) the thought has just occurred to me - "Who said the levels are rising?   Perhaps the more we try to fathom O2 and its quirky intricacies the more we sink in the deep mire of technological and bureaucratic confusion?  Speaking purely for myself of course.Smiley Very Happy

Gerry

Message 900 of 7,616