iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 4 of 11,701
11,700 REPLIES 11,700

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Glory1 I wish I could express just how much I appreciate the support and the good wishes of yourself and many other members. I can't name everyone at the risk of missing others. You've helped in ways I would rather not go into.

Only one of you knows the full extent of some of the really dark times both physically and mentally. Things I can't share with family. Anyway onwards and upwards as they say. 

Message 91 of 11,701

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Glory1 I wish I could express just how much I appreciate the support and the good wishes of yourself and many other members. I can't name everyone at the risk of missing others. You've helped in ways I would rather not go into.

Well @jonsie I only wish I could do more. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 92 of 11,701

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jonsie Hug

I've just rung your hospital to see if I can send you some colourful fresh flowers ... however ... the nice lady who spoke to me said she thought flowers were not supposed to be on your ward

Sooo if it's the thought which counts

Related image

@jonsie you're in my thoughts each day sunflower XX

Message 93 of 11,701

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Thank you for the thought @Anonymous but yes, this is an infection controlled ward and fresh flowers aren't allowed. Honestly, virtual flowers are absolutely fine with me smiley

Message 94 of 11,701

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Thank you for the thought @Anonymous but yes, this is an infection controlled ward and fresh flowers aren't allowed. Honestly, virtual flowers are absolutely fine with me smiley

Thank you @jonsie xx 

Here's another bunch then 

Message 95 of 11,701

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't play music much ... even The Moody Blues ... = ... my favourite group

However... I do sing about the house ... btw I have absolutely no singing voice

Right now I'm singing 'A Rainy Night In Georgia'

Message 96 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Singing voice...thats a laugh on my part Jane. joy

For years I was involved in the hospital pantomime which went out in December. I think I did 4 in total. 

In one (as Dandini) I was required to sing with the lass who was playing Prince Charming. She had a brilliant singing voice....and I sounded like a croaking frog.

In the end I threw a strop and said I wasn't going to sing at all...... The producer altered the script so I could speak the words instead of singing...

The following year I looked closely at the script to make sure there would be no singing involved...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 97 of 11,701

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's good to sing in the confines of your home @WispaRed7 smiley

I used to sit in the bars at home with the earphones 🎧 in listening to the music on my phone and thinking I mustn't sing along.... but I did... quietly I thought... then people would start staring and the bar staff would start laughing! And when you are singing along, you tend only to sing every other line so the song is unrecognisable to others joy

Mind you I've not had much to sing about lately but I listen to my music most days. The trouble is that I have heard the songs so many times now that I'm getting fed up of them so I've taken to youtube and found myself listening to all sorts of things I wouldn't ordinarily like music

Message 98 of 11,701

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Singing voice...thats a laugh on my part Jane. joy

For years I was involved in the hospital pantomime which went out in December. I think I did 4 in total. 

In one (as Dandini) I was required to sing with the lass who was playing Prince Charming. She had a brilliant singing voice....and I sounded like a croaking frog.

In the end I threw a strop and said I wasn't going to sing at all...... The producer altered the script so I could speak the words instead of singing...

The following year I looked closely at the script to make sure there would be no singing involved...LOL

@Cleoriff ... Awww Bless bouquet

I can imagine you as Dandini with your long legs in a Principal Boy outfit

Good on you for throwing a strop & I betcha you have a nice speaking voice rose

Image result for principal boy costume

Something like this Cleo xx bouquet

Message 99 of 11,701

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Umm.....very sexy 😉