The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8463 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 11,984
11,983 REPLIES 11,983

RunrigForever
Level 21: Regular
  • 2838 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your message above @Cleoriff 

Just lost my reply message

Need to get ready for Crafting class soon

Would like to reply properly and as succinctly as I am able to later on in afternoon xx

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11871 of 11,984

blissgirl
  • 8463 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@RunrigForever  Hope you have a good day slight_smile

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 11872 of 11,984

RunrigForever
  • 2838 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @blissgirl yesterday was a good day all round ..... above all I am learning to pace myself in my old age & trying hard to remember to keep grounded. Made an orange / peach patterned 'Keepsake' Imperial sized folder as sheets of patterned paper are 12"square to begin with. (12" = inches are 1 foot) - (1" = 2.54cm) - (36" - 1 yard) - (39" = 1 Metre) ....... I shall need a special sized envelope to send it to the friend I have in mind. Hope you have a good day today @blissgirl xx slight_smile 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11873 of 11,984

blissgirl
  • 8463 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@RunrigForever  Glad you had a good day yesterday slight_smile

Message 11874 of 11,984

RunrigForever
  • 2838 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Cleoriff 

Sorry for delay in replying to your understanding post, now a little way above.

It's complicated

I do think it's up to me, as parent, to offer the olive branch.

My lad would never ring me up & tell me what I've said / done or should have said / done

Anyway backwards / forradz ... = ... on Monday 15th my lad rang me coming up 2pm-ish whilst in town - I managed to get to a so-called open space in town (high dense buildings don't help) where was as good as it gets & lad told me to switch off speaker phone ... = ... Brilliant ! it's like he was standing right next to me.

Pleasant conversation & meaningful.

I texted my son about 9:30am ... & ... he rang me back coming up 2pm-ish. 

We had a frank and fruitful tele conversation

I'd found out that he's been keeping a 'watchful eye' on me after being scammed early last year ..... he took my laptop then ..... all money lost was recovered by DiL's efforts ... = ... Fraud Squad & the Police were involved. A gang of native male teenagers in Nigeria were very clever at hacking into people's electronic home systems & stealing identities ..... my lad then called me an idiot = He's right.

Suffice to say that's all sorted.

It does hurt that ES my son's mother-in-law knows more about my son than I do. I suppose DiL talks to her mum.

Anyway thanks again @Cleoriff 

Trying to Keep Calm & Continue Going Forward

Take care @Cleoriff & @blissgirl ....... & ....... All on O2C xx slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11875 of 11,984

Cleoriff
  • 125579 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@RunrigForever 

I'm sorry your son was scammed but that had nothing to do with you....not sure why he called you an idiot....there again, my lads have called me an idiot but they say it jokingly. I hope Alex meant his comment the same way.

Bottom line, you are his Mum and you cared for him as a one parent family for years.

He has a lot to thank you for.

Yes, I'm sure DiL talks to her Mum a lot. Daughters do that. (I only know this as my sister had two daughters and two sons)

I have found with two lads, it's best to keep on the good side of their partner. ...(particularly when they have children from the relationship) ie If I want to see my grandchildren often,then I learnt from my sister to never fall out with my  sons partners. (Even if I feel like giving them a real 'mouthful', I just button my lip!)

Anyway gal, I hope things work out well for you. Your son only has one Mum and that's you xxx ❤️

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11876 of 11,984

RunrigForever
  • 2838 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Cleoriff 

Thank you for your kind understanding thoughtful words

I do like & love my DiL ..... don't have much to do with her, but ES her mum texts me what is happening. Us two mums do get along nicely, although somewhat different personalities. It hurts that she seems to know more about Alex than I do & I have to go through her to find out what is going on. I just wish to be included in the loop.

Well, despite things being quite chaotic, in a chaotic world, I'm trying to stay calm & relaxed without resorting to some medication I am allowed to use when necessary. I'd rather be relaxed naturally when at all possible.

Thanks again @Cleoriff 

Have a pleasant evening xx 💖 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11877 of 11,984

RunrigForever
  • 2838 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sometimes ....... you just have to de-compress ... ... ... this is a word Emilie, Theresa & Marjo (former management team members) introduced me to

Must be a 21st century expression

I do appreciate generally being able to eat, sleep & do what I like when I like

I can get somewhat OTT

I am not afraid to ask for help ... ... ... this I learned when the judge was summing up in my divorce case etc nearly half my life ago 

Goodnight all of the O2 Community ... Sleep Well ... Wishing You a Peaceful Night's Rest xx 💖

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11878 of 11,984

blissgirl
  • 8463 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks @RunrigForever slight_smile hope you had a good rest

Message 11879 of 11,984

RunrigForever
  • 2838 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you too @blissgirl 

Hope you had a good rest and tonight too

I am having bad dreams, but that is not unusual

Stayed at home today doing not much at all, but resting

Crafting class tomorrow, which is with a smashing small group of people xx slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11880 of 11,984