The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8108 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 11,902
11,901 REPLIES 11,901

blissgirl
  • 8108 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Glad you hada good day @RunrigForever slight_smile

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 11861 of 11,902

RunrigForever
Level 20: Radiant
  • 2681 Posts
  • 37 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @blissgirl 

I read your kind message much earlier in the day off my OPPO Android phone

Hope you've had a good day today and wish you ... & ... us all on O2C a peaceful, restful sleep tonight xx slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11862 of 11,902

blissgirl
  • 8108 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks @RunrigForever slight_smile

Message 11863 of 11,902

Cleoriff
  • 124728 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7533 Solutions

No such restful sleep for me last night. No#2 son decided he would go and see his brother. No#1 son had just returned from a festival so wasn't 'on top of the world' (to put it mildly)

The plan was No2 son would stay over at his brothers house, meaning we would have the place to ourselves. Bliss!!

Just before the final whistle blew on the England match, my phone rings. No 2 son moaning about his brother. I asked if he wanted a lift home. No, he would put up with it as it 'might get better'

23.20 phone goes again. No1 son this time, telling us to come and collect his brother before 'he battered him'

Off goes Ray to be greeted at the door of No1 son, with both of them shouting the odds as to who was the biggest twozza.😂

So here endeth the lesson on 'Brotherly Love'. 🤣 Idiots.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11864 of 11,902

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37504 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

On the topic of relatives:

Actor Christopher Lee was a cousin by marriage of James Bond author Ian Fleming. Lee's mother married an uncle of Fleming's 🤯

What wondrous webs we weave!

Message 11865 of 11,902

RunrigForever
  • 2681 Posts
  • 37 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff  ..... ..... ..... Oh dearie me ... = ... your post number 11864 above.

Here I am ..... 'Wallowing in It ? ! ' ............... because my lad ... & ... my only child ..... ..... ..... doesn't want to know me or contact me in any way anymore ..... = ..... he has made that very clear ..... by ..... 'The Silence is Deafening ! ' ..... ...... ..... I don't pester him ... as ... I know he is busy ..... ..... ..... I have gotten to communicating to him ... & ... now my lovely Daughter-in-Law ... via ... Email. Long story short, I received a 'Fierce' Text from my D-i-L ... = ... Summut about some sort of ' Punching ' him ................ Apparently he'd not been well ... = ... he'd been in a 3 hour meeting with work ..... ..... ..... etc ....... This Could All Have Been Avoided if I'd gone with my Gut Feeling(s) ... re ... he'd been ringing me about every 10 days which is more or less usual ... but ... at odd times of the day ... = ... summut's Up ... but ... me always goes into the Stratosphere when my lad rings me about 4pm-ish ..... after he's finished work for the day at home & whilst he's sorting out their tea ............... I could just have gently asked are you alright as you are ringing during the day ? ! ..... = ..... I am the Black Sheep of my very small Family once Again !!!

I'll leave it there ..... as ..... I've gone on way too long & my tummy is feeling rather ' Uncle Dikc ! '

You can choose your Friends

You can't choose your Neighbours

You can't choose your Family ..... !!!

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11866 of 11,902

blissgirl
  • 8108 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@RunrigForeverSorry to hear that & your Quote above is very true slight_smile

Message 11867 of 11,902

RunrigForever
  • 2681 Posts
  • 37 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @blissgirl 

You are kind, thoughtful & understanding

I shall be having a little bit of supper soon & then turn in for today

Wishing you a restful, peaceful & restorative night's sleep xx slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11868 of 11,902

blissgirl
  • 8108 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks @RunrigForever slight_smile

Message 11869 of 11,902

Cleoriff
  • 124728 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7533 Solutions

@RunrigForever 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your son. (and DiL)

From what you've told me previously, you have been nothing but a caring Mum who gives her son space when you think he needs it. I don't think you've interfered with their life, far from it, as they live quite a distance from you.

You've told us before that you don't see them over the 2 day Christmas period, yet they visit her parents?

They seem to visit you on your birthday which is a couple of weeks after Christmas.

Not sure I understand why DiL is emailing you. If you have done 'something wrong', why doesn't your son call you?

My Mum taught me an old saying.

'If you have a daughter, you have her for life

If you have a son, you have him 'til he gets a wife'

Not always the case of course.....but I've seen it happen on many occasions.

All I hope is this problem is sorted sooner rather than later xxx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11870 of 11,902