The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8478 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 11,985
11,984 REPLIES 11,984

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125594 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

Seen Jasper at the Civic Hall about 5 years ago. Ray booked them.

Jasper does it concert style with his own band.

The band (including his best mate Bev Bevan from ELO and The Move) were brilliant. Jasper is pretty good on a guitar. He breaks up the music sessions with his own brilliant comedy style. Nearly 3 hrs of superb entertainment. Ray tried to book him for the following year but he wasn't touring. Then Covid hit so that put an end to that.

I think Jasper does a few concerts every two years. Sometimes it's just him doing stand up, with a musical act for when he takes a break (as you've shown @pgn)

The other concerts are like we saw. His music and group mixed with stand up comedy. They would have to be organised when Bev Bevan is free.

As I love Jasper and think Bev Bevan's ELO are one of the most brilliant bands this country has produced, we had the best of both worlds. 😍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11911 of 11,985

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Sounds like a great show, @Cleoriff. Not many comedians can carry a show without picking on some disadvantaged group or other, sadly. His humour and his facial expressions work well together, a very funny man and a serious one too, doubtless.

Message 11912 of 11,985

Cleoriff
  • 125594 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@pgn 

Jasper gave a tv interview a few years back. I thought he was funny, warm and very intelligent.

I think some people can't get past the name. His real name is Robert Norman Davis. 😂

Very savvy guy, is part owner of Celador who make Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

He was at school with Bev Bevan, which is why Bev gives up his time to appear with him in their

Stand Up And Rock concert.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11913 of 11,985

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Saw him (quite a) few years ago in Birmingham.

Funny, but didn't hit as much as I thought it would. Also had lots of throw backs to old stuff (TV or stand up).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11914 of 11,985

Cleoriff
  • 125594 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@gmarkj 

Jasper and Bev Bevan put a short video on Facebook about their upcoming tour.

Jasper said, we joke a lot about stuff from the 60's and 70's so some of you will be too young to know what the heck we are talking about 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11915 of 11,985

RunrigForever
Level 21: Regular
  • 2846 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just finished reading the 2nd book in the Clement series from Reverend Richard Coles. Murder Before Evensong then Death in the Parish and the 3rd book in hardback Murder at the Monestary. Cozy who done it type of books, well written. The Reverend Richard also took part in SCD Strictly Come Dancing, I believe.

Anyone else reading anything ?

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11916 of 11,985

blissgirl
  • 8478 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi @RunrigForever  busy ready a Micheal Connolley book slight_smile

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 11917 of 11,985

RunrigForever
Level 21: Regular
  • 2846 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @blissgirl just looked up Michael Connolley on Amazon. Looks like I would enjoy his books slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11918 of 11,985

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8936 Posts
  • 201 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Richard Coles has done loads of things @RunrigForever.

He was a 1980's pop star with Bronski Beat (saxophone) and Communards (keyboards) and had number one hits with the latter in collaboration with Jimmy Somerville.  

More recently, he won some cookery show on TV, was in Strictly and also presented Saturday Live on BBC Radio 4. 

In addition to his books, he also is one of three presenters of a podcast series called "Rabbit Hole Detectives". He also is - or was - Chancellor of the University of Northampton. 

More from :-

Richard Coles - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Coles

Reverend Richard Coles | Official Website

https://www.richardcoles.com/

(20) Richard Coles (@RevRichardColes) / X

https://x.com/RevRichardColes

Message 11919 of 11,985

Cleoriff
  • 125594 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@RunrigForever 

Currently reading Lies by T M Logan. Psychological Thrillers. Excellent writer.

Just finished Mind Games by Nora Roberts (my favourite author)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11920 of 11,985