The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8583 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 12,007
12,006 REPLIES 12,006

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous  @TallTrees .

The rest are sitting on the garden bench, away from any slugs, looking very sorry for themselves rofl

Irish slugs must have wings, I swear! skull_crossbones

Well trust you @pgn The Nauhty Step King ... to have slugs with wings !!! ... the March Hare gives the Cheshire Cat an old fashioned look ... aka ... a hard stare LOL

Any plans for the weekend @pgn ? wink I could give you some Handy Hints & Tips says the March Hare knowingly *smirks*

Message 4351 of 12,007

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125894 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous  @TallTrees .

The rest are sitting on the garden bench, away from any slugs, looking very sorry for themselves rofl

Irish slugs must have wings, I swear! skull_crossbones

Also English ones @pgn ...little snails had climbed up the bench and were on the snail march towards said plants. Picked them up and slung them over garden fence to grass behind it...rofl

The snails, not the bedding plants LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4352 of 12,007

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11223 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Yes you are right it is now raining! @Anonymous 

Hope it is better where you are @Cleoriff 

May clear up I am always hopeful!

Sorry to hear about your back ~ I have got one too!

Today it is not good, I lifted a heavy weight years

ago and ended up on a bed flat with weights on my legs

Agony.  Had to manage my back ever since.  

Mostly if I don't do anything supid I am ok ~ did something

supid yesterday now aching back.  I still force myself onwards.

Bye for now TT

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4353 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125894 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Yes you are right it is now raining! @Anonymous 

Hope it is better where you are @Cleoriff 

May clear up I am always hopeful!

Sorry to hear about your back ~ I have got one too!

Today it is not good, I lifted a heavy weight years

ago and ended up on a bed flat with weights on my legs

Agony.  Had to manage my back ever since.  

Mostly if I don't do anything supid I am ok ~ did something

supid yesterday now aching back.  I still force myself onwards.

Bye for now TT

@TallTrees...thats going back some time (traction with weights) It's called Hamilton Russell traction. In our hospital we used to elevate the bed, to give the traction some pull.

Depending on your body weight, the weights attached to your legs increased accordingly

I suffer with back problems (45 years of nursing the cause of that) I used to attend pain clinic to have long needles filled with local anaesthetic and steroids injected either side of my lower spine.

Not nice, but did the trick...rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4354 of 12,007

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11223 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

thanks @Cleoriff I know you would suffer all nurses have aching backs/

It was a long time ago Cleo ~ it wasn't ideal because the knee joints 

get in the way first!

Gosh Cleo that doesn't sound nice at all but interesting because I never

knew that was an answer.

I attended clincs for back pain afterwards, training me to manage the

pain until it went.  Also they used a waist stretcher (big belt thingy) occasionally during that time.

It used to frighten me the sharp pain.  I used to faint!

I do manage it mostly.

Thanks very much for the information most interesting cleo heart_eyes

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4355 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125894 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@TallTrees 

If you need to find your local pain clinic just speak to your GP about it. Not everyone is eligible to have this treatment, it depends where the problem is in your back. I will say though, after treatment, which is done as an outpatient, the relief you feel is instant. My last treatment left me pain free for over two years. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4356 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello @Cleoriff  & @TallTrees 

I reckon my current pain is bad nerves = worrying about my mum + worrying about my sister + am I allowe to say worrying about myself  ? = it's really that I'm better caring for others than I am myself *shrugs shoulders*

I know that if you don't look after yourself ... then ... you cannot look after your loves ones

Also heard, that if you don't look after yourself ... then ... no booger else will  ?

I am content with my lot ... it's just looking after mum is taking it out of me and out of my sister ... the carers have my mum on her best behaviour = to them she is *Sweet Little Old lady*... mum plays mind games and makes no effors she has decided herself not to use the outdoor 3 wheeled walker & didn't look at me when I was telling her about 5 wheel mobility scooters ... her face only lights up when she talks about my sister's new puppy ... BUT ... my sister and me both go visit mum to keep her company & out of love - my sister manages mum's paperwork & exercises Power of Attorney like presenting cheques to whomever

I'm not a bad eldest daughter ... I try my best ... today my sister has eased my mind somewhat by saying 'Do what you can' ... heart  heart heart

Image result for images for peonies

pale pink peonies like the bunch I gave mum for her 88th birthday smiling

Message 4357 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125894 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous  Stress can cause pain to be exacerbated. Particularly in your back and shoulders. If you are tense and unrelaxed your muscles seize up and can go into spasm.

Two good things...A long relaxing soak in a hot bath, or a hot water bottle over the painful area.

I find I can always relax when in bed with a damn good book....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4358 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello @TallTrees & @Cleoriff smiling

Re: pain relief ... think a pain clinic is too higher thing for me, it'd be out of the local town hospital at a guess ... and I do take co-codamol on prescription for cluster / single migraines ... this suits me

One of The Afternoon Gang has recommended voltarol tablets ... I didn't like the cream for some reason I forget why ? when last told to get some by a doctor ... still got the tube of cream ... I'll  try it again

@Cleoriff , you've helped me many times ... & ... I really don't wish to bother you once again ... however ... I'd take great store by your opinion of voltarol tablets  ? ... ... ... absolutely no pressure to reply smiling ... thinking Thinking I am on a lot of tablet to do with mainly BPAF (Bi Polar Affective Disorder) and it wouldn't be fair would it @Cleoriff to bother you  ? Sorry, getting mixed up a bit = just don't wish to offend you Cleo Hug

Image result for images for bipolar disorder

Always, well of late anyway, said I have jig-saw brain ... have several large ones framed at home

Just like the pic above

BPAD is NOT split-personality ... it used to be called manic depression ... just a name change, but with increased 21st century awareness of STRESS causing mental health issues ... let's hope for a brighter future 

the pic above depicts how BP is affected by your family genes / history

My dear dad, bless him, sufferred with depression ... his mum had it but it wasn't known about then ... I have now BPAD & my son had serious STRESS last year which was not his own fault

Read the other thread, I believe @pgn pointed it out to the forum ... @Curr946  opened up my eyes, read it at the time but it was EXCELLENT to read it again = thinking of my son att last year

My son & his wife are fine *touch wood* now, I'd like you to know, but he is still on tablets

Related image

Wispa xxxxx Cat

Black Cats Are Lucky

Message 4359 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous  Stress can cause pain to be exacerbated. Particularly in your back and shoulders. If you are tense and unrelaxed your muscles seize up and can go into spasm.

Two good things...A long relaxing soak in a hot bath, or a hot water bottle over the painful area.

I find I can always relax when in bed with a damn good book....

Thank you Den ... my go-to place is my bed flat on my back gazing out the window at the clouds 

In process of finding a bathboard small enough to fit my bath ... physio unit at local hospital didn't have a bathboard small enough ... a disability aid shop in town, should have gone yesterday ... but ... life got in the way ... know where my hot water bottle is ... so ... that's a positive thing I can do when in bed

Didn't know about what stress can do to an already tensed up body

Thank you very very much Cleo kissing_heart 

Message 4360 of 12,007