Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123254 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

A little early to start this thread, although the new judge to replace Darcey Bussell has been announced

It's Motsi Mabuse (sister of Oti Mabusi)

Motsi Mabuse, elder sister of Strictly Come Dancing star Oti, has been named as Dame Darcey Bussell's replacement on the BBC One show's judging panel.

Originally from South Africa, Motsi is a former South African champion and German Latin champion and a judge on Strictly Come Dancing's German version.

Mabuse, 38, said she was "absolutely overjoyed" to be joining the panel and hoped to "add her own bit of sparkle".

Motsi Mabuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49075803

I don't doubt her credentials at all but can't help wondering how this will work as Oti is still appearing on the show?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 252
251 REPLIES 251

Cleoriff
  • 123254 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Will Bayley has pulled out of SCD. This was taken from the BBC Strictly website.

Image may contain: text

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 161 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

You beat me to it! Sad to seem him go on an injury though but I suspect lots of applause for him on the final show contestants of the series segment. 

Seems I too won't be commenting saturday show time. I'm out all day and won't be back till gone 9pm.  And we can't get @jonsie to fill in either rofl

Message 162 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 123254 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I'll be watching after Qualifying Saturday and same after the race on Sunday.

Priorities first. Hamilton only needs 4 more points and he will be a 6th x WDC. Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 163 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 123254 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

🕺💃Week 7 Songs and Dances 💃🕺

Alex and Neil: American Smooth to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

Emma and Anton: Rumba to Woman In Love by Barbra Streisand

Emma and Aljaž: Samba to I Don't Care by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber

Michelle and Giovanni: Paso Doble to Another One Bites the Dust by Queen

Saffron and AJ: Salsa to Instruction by Jax Jones featuring Demi Lovato and Stefflon Don

Chris and Karen: Couple's Choice: Street/Commerical to Let's Get Ready to Rhumble by PJ and Duncan

Karim and Amy: Quickstep to Mr. Pinstripe Suit by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Kelvin and Oti: Viennese Waltz to Say Something by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera

Mike and Katya: Charleston Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines by the Ron Goodwin Orchestra

(Will and Janette: Waltz to Weekend In New England Barry Manilow.... Obviously they won't be doing this now as Will has left the show)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 164 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 123254 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

As this starts before Qualifying, I turned over, missed the first 5 mins but none of the dances.

Shame to see Will in the audience looking very sad. I've heard via the grapevine that Alex is dancing with Kevin for a 2nd week as Neil is still ill.

Karim and Amy. Quickstep. Danced brilliantly. loved it. Scored 39

Michelle and Giovanni:  Paso Doble What an unusual take on a Paso. Michelle started off as the usual female with a skirt as a cape. Towards the end the cape came off and we had 2 matadors dancing together. Very different. Scored 34

Emma and Aljaz. Samba. Oh dear, not a very good dance. Scored 26

Kelvin and Oti. Viennese Waltz. I thought it was very emotionally danced. Craig and Shirley critical of the fleckle. Motsi and Bruno loved it. Scored 34.

Will post more in a while, otherwise this will time out innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 165 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 123254 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Saffron and AJ: Salsa. I wasn't keen on this at all. More lifts and a loss of balance. Scored 27

Alex and Kevin: American Smooth. This was choreographed by Neil who is out for another week. I don't think he will be happy with Craigs comments 'I'm loving this partnership'. That said they did a good job and Scored 31

Chris and Karen: Street Commercial. They did a damn good job of this. I loved it. Scored a well deserved 34.

Emma and Anton: Rumba. He really does so much better when they give him a decent partner. Lovely to see. However the judges didn't like it... which just shows I was too impressed wink Scored 22

Mike and Katya:  Charleston. All out of shape and step. Very poor. Can't believe how 'impressed' the judges were!! Scored 30.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Emma and Anton and Emma and Alijaz are bottom of the leaderboard.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 166 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I see Tess’s MWWA has got a side income being sponsored by Bacofoil. No Neil again so as Kevin fits the height requirement perfectly, fills in for him. Quite likely for the rest of the series as well.

Karim: very good and finally without the modern moves. Though outfit looked a bit large.

Michelle: if it wasn’t for the makeup, it was two men doing the paso. Bit too masculine I think made worse by wearing trousers.

Emma W: She enjoyed it. Alijaz enjoyed it. I found it dull. Still, she is better than the first couple of weeks but the voter may give a different result. 

Kelvin: good choice of music bad choice of tailor. Not one of his best tonight being a bit too guerilla like in some places. But still streets ahead of you know who. 

Judges pet: oh dear. stomp stomp push pineapple shake the tree. No surprises, another fast dance disguising flaws and for a change the judges criticised her. But not enough. Hey AJ how about you focus on technique not speed because its starting to show how little progress Saffron is making and its your fault. 

Alex: Liked it though a few mistakes. Confidence at an all time high. Saffron take note: you’ll be going home in a dance-off against her.

Chris R: ok admit it, the choice of PJ & Duncan set the expectations high earlier this week. Completely committed to the routine and pulled it off! Brilliant and obviously means he's out next week rofl Best of the night. Psych.

Emma B: Why did the image of Carol Voderman doing a rhumba come to my head? Well after that image, I couldn’t really judge her. Anton dd her no favours by trying to be smart to Shirley. Dance-off candidate of the night mainly because its a rhumba. And Carol Voderman. 

Mike B: Automatic dance-off choice without trying. This week, he’s redeemed himself. A bit flat in places and we've seen better from others. Think he is safe this week and saved by the judges if he gets Emma B in a dance-off.

So I’d be expecting Saffron v Emma B in Sundays show but more likely Emma W with Emma B going.

Also: commendations for the DAO new singer line up. Working well!

Message 167 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 123254 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Mike must have something (yet I can't see it). If he is on the dance off tomorrow, no doubt he will be saved by the judges. AGAIN!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 168 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Nice opening routine only let down by picking the least interesting Elton John songs. Bonus marks for featuring Nadiya on the balcony.

Well Emilie Sande did well though all I could really hear was shine shine. shine A bit too quiet (might be our TV) so gets a thumbs down from the cat video community for singing in tune. This segment gets worse with more dancers in it. Really didn’t get the introduction of Johannes/Gorka to the pro-dance routine other to drop the heavy hint again same-sex couples is happening next series. Expect more BBC enforced gender politics before the series is out.

Giovanni’s Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou is now officially annoying.

So the dance off was a bit of a dull fest. Emma W. slightly improved and technique wise was way better in a more complicated dance. But true to form, the judges just go by look and put Mike through for another dance-off next week. 

Back to watching cat videos.

Message 169 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 123254 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I loved the opening number. All great Elton songs except Crocodile Rock which is dire. There you go...

As for Emilie Sande, it's not your TV @sheepdog , I could hardly hear her.

My other half asked 'why there were two blokes dancing together?' When I explained they were probably looking for same sex couples next year, his response was 'how bloody stupid'!!

Nothing to do with anything here, though apparently Ms Ballas had breast reduction surgery on Tuesday and was advised NOT to return last night. Advice obviously ignored, which was probably why she was a 'a bit of a cow' to some contestants. wink...#justsaying.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/shirley-ballas-strictly-come-dancing-17191... 

So Emma and Aljaz in the dance off along with Mike and Katya (AGAIN) I think the message should get through to the judges at some point. He was overmarked last night and it still didn't help him.

I thought the wrong couple were eliminated and am beginning to think this is a bit of a fix. Why you might ask? Well three of the judges were on the Jonathon Ross show last week and Craig let slip 'he was looking forward to seeing Mike get to Blackpool'.

Make of that what you will.

Ridiculous decision. AGAIN!!rage

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 170 of 252