Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

It's that time of year again folks.

From Monday August 13th they will start revealing the candidates for this years show. I understand the first one will be on that nights episode of the One Show.

Many names being bandied about and people are even putting bets on them? (A bit stupid when there's been nothing official yet)

Anyway names in the mix so far

Cheryl Cole (can't see that happening)

Ashley Roberts  (former Pussycat Doll)

Lee Ryan (from Blue)

Faye Tozer (from Steps)

Les Dennis

Tom Daley

Steph Mc Govern BBC Newscaster.

Dan Walker (Sports Presenter)

Colleen Rooney (can't see that as they have just upped sticks and moved to the US for Waynes football career)

Michelle Keegan (Corrie and Our Girl)

Mark Labbett (The Beast) from The Chase.

Kate Silverstone (BBC Newsreader)

That's all I've got so far and probably half of them are wrong but hey...joy

What is certain , the judging panel and the presenters remain the same.

Also the guy who will replace the lovely Brendon Cole is Neil Jones. He has been on the show as a back up dancer and is married to last years winning professional Katya Jones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 576
575 REPLIES 575

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Talking of X Factor. That starts this weekend. Now I shall cast my eyes over that as Robbie Williams is one of the judges and will have NO problem winding Simon Cowell up joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 91 of 576

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff does anyone have a problem winding Simon Cowell up? He is so easily wound up.

I may give X-Factor a go again. Just to see who they pick. Louis's no longer around to choose some daft or 'unusual' act which may be a great improvement, love Louis though I did.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 92 of 576

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

X-Factor...let me see, anything on tv saturday night....nope. Sky movies night it is then  lollipop

Might give it a shot as well on catch-up tv if I can be bothered to go through the hoops of signing in to the ITV hub just to see if Robbie Williams is going to act the gobby sidekick we all want him to be. I suspect with the other boy band member judge, boy bands aren't going to be figuring prominently to avoid the un-necessary comparisons with their own past. 

Message 93 of 576

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Dates for diary

SCD 2018.PNG

It always annoys me that they drag out the dates between the launch show and the first live show....:smileysad:

I agree @Cleoriff but it's designed to get everyone excited so they watch the first show and kill X-Factor, and it gives the celebrities extra practice time.

Quite a big gap really, by my calculations they'll have about 5 weeks worth of being able to prepare their bodies before the first show. By that, at least be doing exercises to reduce the chance of injury. But are they going to do a split where we see one half on the 22nd and the second half, a week later? 

Message 94 of 576

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to Saturday night smiling

Just, by chance, watched a vid entitled 'Shirley Ballas 'An Inspiring Journey'' ... = ... mainly snapshots with suitable music & a bit of talk over - her eldest son Mark is a champion in 'Dancing with the Stars' the USA equivalent of SCD - she trained 80% of the dancers on that show - she was known as 'The Greatest Legs in the Business' ... I don't watch 'It Takes Two' on BBC Two during the week when SCD is on the tv as it spoils me for the Saturday show & I, up to now, arn't much on the presenter Zoe Ball (gob on a stick), but maybe I shall change that 

Still think Arlene Philips should not have been fired & would have made an excellent head judge DanceDance

Kate Silvertone reminds me of Natasha Kaplinski who won SCD with Brendan Cole

I'm interested to see how Suzannah of 'Trinny & Suzannah' peforms

Sad that Mark aka The Beast on 'The Chase' wasn't in the final line up DanceDance

Message 95 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I know who's been paired with who. Found it on a spoiler site. I won't mention it here though as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.

Just a bit sad that Neil Jones, the dancer with the ginger hair hasn't got his own partner. A bit silly to bring in 2 new dancers and not give him a spot... as he was there last year and pretty good I thought...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 96 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

They are also introducing a new category 'Couple Choice'

It will allow the couples to choose from one of three new styles – Contemporary, Street/commercial or theatre/jazz – which will showcase their celebrity’s skills best.

(Good job Len isnt there as this is bound to include some crazy lifts and styles which take it away from the norm joy)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/strictly-come-dancing-2018-rule-change-as-bbc-introduce-n...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 97 of 576

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Now that sounds very interesting @Cleoriff, I'm looking forward to that. And you're right Len would not approve as he was very old school in his views.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 98 of 576

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting @Cleoriff to hear about 'Couples Choice'

Yes ... ... ... Len Who? ... ... ... Grumpy Old Git he turned in to 

Message 99 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

So the pairings so fair...

No surprise I suppose with the first one

1) Susannah Constantine is paired with Anton du Beke

2) Vick Hope has the gorgeous Graziano (the new dish of the day Drool)

3) Kate Silverstone and Aljaz

4) Faye Tozer is with Giovanni

5) Lee Ryan and Nadiya

6) Ranj Singh and Janette

7) Danny John Jules and Amy

😎 Joe Sugg and Dianne

9) Katie Piper and Gorka

10) Stacey Dooley and Kevin

11) Lauren Steadman and AJ

12) Ashley Roberts and Pasha

13) Seann Walsh and Katya

14) Charles Venn and Karen