Did you mean: 

Spring is here!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It may not seem like it based on last weekend's chilly weather but today officially marks the Vernal Equinox and the first day of Spring! 

We can look forward to the days getting longer and warmer, flowers starting to bloom and starting to plan the summer holidays! 

What are you most looking forward to in Spring? Do you have any annual traditions such as as Spring clean this time of year?  

spring.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Someone needs to tell the weather round here !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't do Spring cleaning anymore ... but am enjoying the 12 hours of daylight we have now 

I can't say that I do ow't special, although I look foreward to the date coming every year

Easter is coming soon & I shall send my mum & a lovely old friend in Oxford nice Easter cards

Image result for spring equinox images

Message 3 of 23

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

That's so pretty @Anonymous! sun

@Martin-O2 When Spring comes I always excitedly go through all my favourite clothing stores at that time, as well as have a browse online. Can't wait to ditch winter clothing for something nicer, lighter and more colourful! grin sunflower bouquet sun Same for the shoes!

I've just been doing some spring cleaning in my flat although that's probably the first time ever. open_mouth It's hopefully going to become a tradition from now on.

Something I'm not looking forward to as much is my cats start shedding more hair soon.

Message 4 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Though I am enjoying the lighter nights, it's still so cold here I can't appreciate any sign of spring.

I've still got patches of snow sitting in places in my garden upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 23

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Though I am enjoying the lighter nights, it's still so cold here I can't appreciate any sign of spring.

I've still got patches of snow sitting in places in my garden upside_down

You often talk about all the different types of flowers in your garden @Cleoriff. Do you have any photos of them by any chance? slight_smile I imagine something like what's in the photo in the OP but attached to a garden wall. grin

Message 6 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

I haven't got pictures @Marjo I tend to take them when everything is in full bloom in the summer.

The garden isn't big but I do have a lot of pots and tubs filled with spring flowers which have all been flattened by the snow.

In May, I plant annuals in the tubs ( I have a total of 22 tubs and pots including 3 out the front). LOL

Somewhere on my phone I have a few pictures of the now infamous jasmine bush my husband razed to the ground. This was his attempt to 'trim it back' (as per my instructions when I was in Spain)....

I'm not showing those, it will make me annoyed and he will wonder why I am in a temper three years after the event joy...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff & @Marjo ... ... ... I have that one 'picture' tub in the centre of the yard then around the walls mostly evergreen 'patio plants' & 3 artificial bushes on sticks in amongst the plant pots ... & an English & a Yorkshire flag ... just can't imagine the time / skill / patience it would take to do 22 tubs Cleo'

When in Sharjah UAE I luvved gardening maybe because it was warm & I liked the very sandy soil ... not much a luvver of brown soil / compost rofl

I do enjoy being in a garden though ... at the outside table having a light bite / drink / writing a letter / reading a book slight_smile

Luvved fucshia coloured bouganvilia when in UAE Cleo', no doubt you will know this plant well from your time in Spain sunflower

@Marjo do you have a garden? ... what are gardens like in Finland?

Message 8 of 23

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I like the lighter evenings @Martin-O2. And the trees starting to show their leaves. We have loads of trees in the back which look glorious in full bloom.

But the weather is definitely not co-operating with the season at the moment.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don’t really do seasons. No matter what the weather I always try to get out and do stuff. The weather hasn’t been too bad this winter, I’ve only had to wear something down my legs 4 times so far.. (shorts ftw)

but spring does mean lighter evenings so we can go further on 2 wheels.. woohoo! 

Message 10 of 23