cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Wedding: How are you following it?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning sun

The sun is (almost) shining and it's Wednesday, which means that we have 3 days left to get into the Royal Wedding spirit in honour of Prince Harry and Ms Markle's union!

You can still head over to our previous discussions about your dream wedding location and your outfit choices, the more the merrier! Our third countdown topic focuses on this Saturday's event more specifically slight smile

How are you going to follow the event? 

Anyone going to Windsor? Are you watching it on TV? Any other way?

Very curious to see your replies! smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23112 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

I think you need to put this in perspective, @Cleoriff. This is costing the taxpayer more than £30 million, most of that on security, and while they clear the streets of Windsor of the homeless so as not to cast a bad light on the town. Her dress is costing more than it would have to fit Grenfell Tower with fireproof cladding. You do the math.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 25

Bambino
  • 23112 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

It appears that there are a fair few who feel the same.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-44144966/royal-wedding-should-costs-fall-to-taxpayers

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I know all this @Bambino. Every royal wedding has cost the tax payer.

Swings and roundabouts

It also generates a lot of income for the country with visitors from abroad...mainly the US innocent

It is giving extra work to British firms who are dealing with everything required for the wedding..

If the wedding didn't take place it would NOT help the homeless nor would the money be used to reclad Grenfell Tower.

The 2012 Olympic Games also cost the tax payer. So maybe they should have been allocated elsewhere?

Anyway, not into political debating.....

I shall watch every minute of it and enjoy the pageantry and spectacle.(something we do better than any other country in the world)

I may give a passing thought to you and @jonsie grumping around moaning about the cost.....Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 25

Bambino
  • 23112 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

This is all purely a matter of opinion, @Cleoriff. You are entitled to yours, and I to mine. I'm just wondering how you know that the £30 million wasted on security for this wouldn't be put to better use elsewhere? Wouldn't you have preferred to see some of that money go to the NHS?

I also see that Meghan's dad won't be at the wedding. That's okay. Harry's dad won't be there either.

Hewitt.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 25

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Nor his mother @Bambino

I won't be grumping around @Cleoriff, I will be busy else where or watching something far more meaningful such as Sky Sports or paint dry.....rofl

Message 16 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

This is all purely a matter of opinion, @Cleoriff. You are entitled to yours, and I to mine. I'm just wondering how you know that the £30 million wasted on security for this wouldn't be put to better use elsewhere? Wouldn't you have preferred to see some of that money go to the NHS?

I also see that Meghan's dad won't be at the wedding. That's okay. Harry's dad won't be there either.

Hewitt.jpg

By god that's a great likeness @Bambino LOL

And yes of course I would prefer the money to be spent on the NHS...so that was a low blow. Bow

However, the NHS has been promised millions once before at the last election. We never saw any of that either...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Nor his mother @Bambino

I won't be grumping around @Cleoriff, I will be busy else where or watching something far more meaningful such as Sky Sports or paint dry.....rofl

Ok...well enjoy whatever it is you might be doing. @jonsie and @Bambino  

Rest assured I will give a blow by blow account of what happens.

I might even provide a running commentary LOL LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 25

Bambino
  • 23112 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

It wasn't intended as a low blow, @Cleoriff, and I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I was just trying to use something that I know is dear to your heart to point out the folly of all this.

If you intend to give a blow by blow account, I will provide the sick bags.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I wasn't offended at all @Bambino. I take your point. I know people either love or hate the whole spectacle.

For all my fine words, if this weather keeps up, I will spend some time in the garden.

I have plants which need putting into containers. So I can save you some money on the sick bags..wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 25