TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

dee-copper-and-wild-THFwltFem4k-unsplash.jpg

Hi everyone!

Today is Random Acts of Kindness Day! hugging

And following up on our Love Week last week, we thought it would be nice to take this further and spread the love beyond Valentine’s Day, as this is much needed right now. With the current uncertainty, a small act of kindness really helps a lot of people. This could be something as little as making way for someone to remain socially distanced or letting them go first in the queue, helping neighbours who self-isolate with their shopping, to supporting small businesses through shopping local, leaving reviews and sharing their content. 

But if you want to start small, think about the following: Do you know someone who deserves a small act of kindness today? smiling

Giving people around you compliments, truly listening and asking them how they are, are as much acts of kindness as the actual actions above, but they might be especially important to your friends and family right now. With the pandemic seriously impacting the mental health of a lot of people, a kind word will go a long way for someone who is struggling in these times. I am sure you would appreciate a similar comment as much as the recipient.

What are random acts of kindness you have experienced and are thankful for?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Fully support that @TheresaV
Try best...support those around.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 12

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
Fully support that @TheresaV
Try best...support those around.

Exactly! We are all trying our best, aren't we. It's great to feel the support of those around us and give back where we can smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 12

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Fully in agreement @TheresaV .

Although a Random Acts of Kindness Day is a good idea - to make people think about it, surely an act of kindness should apply as often as possible.

A "thank you" to someone who has been kind costs nothing, nor does a smile, a nod, or thumbs-up [in these social distancing times when a hug is not possible.

I`m grateful to those who help and support me and try when possible to express my gratitiude.

I hope that Random Acts of Kindness Day goes some way to spreading the message of appreciation.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My neighbour, the same age as me, lost his wife (my great friend) 2 years ago.

We are kind to each other. Always call to check everything is ok.

When we venture out shopping, we always check if the other person wants something. Put each others bins out.

My other neighbours in the corner bungalow, both got covid at the same time, so I offered to do their shopping online for them. They haven't been here long and were quite touched but refused as their son helped them.

Kindness costs nothing and can mean the world to others.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I completely agree with you @Mi-Amigo smiling Kindness should be something that we should remind ourselves of daily and should definitely be something we act out as often as possible. But I think this day is a good reminder for people about how much kindness helps others on the daily as you said relieved 

A thank you, nod or smile doesn't cost us a thing but might make someone else's day smiling

signature

Message 6 of 12

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

That's very kind of you @Cleoriff and I am sure both your neighbours highly appreciate you thinking of them. In day to day life it's so easy to forget our neighbours being busy with everything else going on around us. But especially in these tough times it's beautiful to see how neighbours reconnect and help each other smiling

signature

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's funny @TheresaV 

I have been here since the house/cul de sac was built, and although people have generally got on together, I find we are much closer since Covid. People are keen to help others constantly.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

People in general are much kinder during this pandemic, friends, neighbours and importantly family

I used to see kindness every day when I was in a wheelchair.

People on the street, taxi drivers and bus drivers all rally around

The dregs in our society are easily over shadowed by the good people you meet

Message 9 of 12

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I agree with you both @jonsie @Cleoriff Peope are truly coming together in this pandemic. And it's so good to see how kindness can overshadow bad things and not the other way around! I used to love reading those messages in TimeOut where people were thanking strangers for helping or comforting them, it was just such a heart-warming thing relieved

signature

Message 10 of 12