cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: What kind of books do you like to read most?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I hope you're having a good week so far, and enjoyed the first few days of this new month! Did you know that September was officially Read a Book Month? I know a lot of you read regularly, and thought this would be a great opportunity to celebrate our love for books together smiley

So here is a quick question for you, and I for one am really curious to see the responses to this and to find out more about your preferences:

You don't need to be registered or signed in to take part in the poll, but you'll need to register in order to participate in the discussion below.

Please feel free to elaborate on your response in the comments to let us know more about your favourite genres, books, and what you're reading at the moment or planning to read this month 📚

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous

'The Monk who sold his Ferrari' here on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Monk-Who-Sold-His-Ferrari/dp/006112589X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1536777525&sr=8-4

Thank you @Cleoriff ... just ordered a copy off your blue link smiling

Message 21 of 28

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff I only know James and the Giant Peach out of those two ... I mainly remember Matilda and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Danny Champion of the World has been mentioned twice now on this thread, I feel like I've missed a classic sweat_smile

@Anonymous There's no rule when it comes to reading, one page at a time is all that counts hugging That Norse Gods book sounds lovely!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 22 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thee lads had the whole box set of Roald Dahl books one Christmas @EmilieT

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 28

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Lovely present @Cleoriff, hope they kept them all to pass on to their young ones!

signature

Message 24 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Lovely present @Cleoriff, hope they kept them all to pass on to their young ones!

Yes they did @EmilieT. They had to add to them though, as one or two of the best loved ones went missing...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 28

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Books. 

Loads of books on shelves.  Love the covers they are calling me in!

Natural History, Container Gardening, Small Gardens, Plants and flowers, Do it yourself!

Middle East cookbook, Period Houses, Natural wonders of the world, a little book 

Omar Khyayyam amongst Poetry and God's Englishman ~   and so on and on

enticing and colourful ~ unfortunately I am so busy I never have much time to read.

I pass them every day and they are beautiful, a wealth of information, they are a visual 

comfort.heart

WP_20180929_09_55_31_Pro.jpg  

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 26 of 28

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I love seeing an overflowing bookshelf, @TallTrees smiling It looks like you've got a good mix of different genres going on, a bit of everything keeps the mind going! I just started Mythos by Stephen Fry myself, and looking into new cooking books to get for my collection.

Alright this poll ran for the whole of September, and I hope that during that month you all had some great reads smiley The results are now in! A whooping 53.33% of the votes went to thriller & Crime, so it seems to be a big favourite on the Community. Horror, Science-Fiction, Fantasy and Graphic novels followed a little further behind.

It was really interesting to see what you were all reading or had on your reading list, thanks for the inspiration! 📚

signature

Message 27 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I heard that Dame Mary Poppins has a new memoir out so I’ve picked it up off eBay for a tenner. Looking forward to getting stuck in to that!
Message 28 of 28