cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: What kind of books do you like to read most?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I hope you're having a good week so far, and enjoyed the first few days of this new month! Did you know that September was officially Read a Book Month? I know a lot of you read regularly, and thought this would be a great opportunity to celebrate our love for books together smiley

So here is a quick question for you, and I for one am really curious to see the responses to this and to find out more about your preferences:

You don't need to be registered or signed in to take part in the poll, but you'll need to register in order to participate in the discussion below.

Please feel free to elaborate on your response in the comments to let us know more about your favourite genres, books, and what you're reading at the moment or planning to read this month 📚

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I lack the concentration to read and digest.

The only book in the house is Danny The Champion of the World. A childhood favourite that a teacher gave to me back in the day. I must dig it out and give it a try.

Message 11 of 28

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Reading at the moment 

Mummy's Boy: My Autobiography
Message 12 of 28

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Glory1 

@Cleoriff

Thanks for the titles, I've definitely added them to my (very long) reading list to pick up at some point smiley

@Anonymous I've never heard of this Roald Dhal book! Have you tried Graphic novels? I find them much easier to read and digest myself, becaus eof the visual aspect. I can recommend a few if you're interested wink

@Poppysmum The Damage Done echoes in essence some documentaries I've watched recently on Netflix, so it might be a good one for my list - thanks for taking the time to share some titles, they seem quite varied!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 13 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My boys had every Roald Dahl book written @EmilieT

A wonderful writer of childrens books. He wrote  Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and said he much preferred Johnny Depps version of the film as it was as dark as he intended it to be...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 28

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Poppysmum The Damage Done echoes in essence some documentaries I've watched recently on Netflix, so it might be a good one for my list - thanks for taking the time to share some titles, they seem quite varied!

Some of the books i have mentioned are free for Kindle at the moment slight_smile

The Damage Done is next in line to be read ...........

Message 15 of 28

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Your boys had good taste @Cleoriff wink Did they have a favourite out of the many stories Roald Dalh wrote?

@Poppysmum I always forget to check for the free Kindle books, might have a look after work, thanks for the tip! Also once you've read the Damage Done I'd love to know what you thought slight_smile

signature

Message 16 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

James and the Giant Peach for the eldest  and Danny Champion of the World for the youngest. @EmilieT

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 28

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Your boys had good taste @Cleoriff wink Did they have a favourite out of the many stories Roald Dalh wrote?

@Poppysmum I always forget to check for the free Kindle books, might have a look after work, thanks for the tip! Also once you've read the Damage Done I'd love to know what you thought slight_smile

Will do @EmilieT slight_smile

Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently reading, a page at a time due to lack of concentration, a large hardback book on Norse Gods with lots of pictures in the Art Nouveau style flash ... only read it when I'm out on a table 

Just finished reading the captions mostly & looking at the wonderful photos in John Brookes original edition of his ground breaking book 'The Small Garden' ... 2nd hand off Ebay ... also sent my son & daughter-in-law at about June time same hardback book in better quality off Amazon sunflower

Can't find the book with a title something like 'The monk who owned a Ferrari' ... it was lent to me so I shall buy another one off Amazon for my friend who let me borrow it = it was lent to him as the original owner of the book said to my friend 'I think you'll like this book, it has 'Life Lessons'' ... I know whereabouts I'm up to in the story

Message 19 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Message 20 of 28