Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planet Earth 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

It's finally here...10 years after the original Planet Earth and well worth the wait. Filming technology has come a long way in the decade since the first series. It has become possible to get even closer to nature, show things in new ways, show new things. The planet itself has changed in those 10 years, too; never has it been more fragile and precious.

Narrated by the wonderful Sir David Attenborough so it could be nothing more than superb

Planet Earth II title iconic imag

The first episode was about Islands and their inhabitants.

We saw Pygmy Sloths travelling miles (slowly) and swimming across a lake.....in order to mate.

Komodo Dragons fighting to the death...again to get mating rights...

Then in typical OMG filming we saw baby marine iguana hatchlings....appearing out of the sand and making a run to meet up with the adults basking on the rocks....and suddenly being chased by dozens of Racer snakes. Some made it...others did not.

This one was lucky....

A hatchling marine iguana sits on the head of an adult at Cape Douglas, on the island of Fernandina. Marine iguanas are unique to the islands of the Galapagos. 

Breathtaking, Stunning  and well worth the watch....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02544td

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been able to remotely download it to my Sky box for tonight and add a series link 🙂 

Thats my tea time viewing sorted Dance

Message 11 of 91

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just been able to remotely download it to my Sky box for tonight and add a series link 🙂 

It will make a decent alternative to the dross usually shown at teatime for sure. Big welcome to you by the way @Anonymous

Message 12 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Great news John. Be very sure to watch the baby iguana hatchlings race for life against those damn Racer snakes... So damn frightening if honest. My other half was yelling at the TV....

I am sure he was saying 'run fast you little so and so' Then it was either 'good job'...or 'oh what a shame' ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff will do day won't go quick enough now, not sure how I missed the trailers......

Thanks @jonsie slight_smile

Message 14 of 91

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

This is the big problem if you are sensitive to this sort of true wildlife. As upsetting as it is, this is the real animal world and the race for survival. Brutal but refreshingly honest and you fully understand the animal Kingdom after Sir Richard makes a programme. Yes we can all look at beautiful photography with animals in their natural habitat but all species, including humans, have their predators and it's a very fast education for all.

Message 15 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

It was quite brutal in parts @jonsie... and though I love wildlife documentaries and have often wished those filming would intervene....whats the point of that? This is nature and the fight for survival is often brutal and fragile. Oh 'ark at me. Give it a rest Cleo....you do go on...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 91

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found this quiz for last nights episode 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1K60vv7ntQQDj3gv6QlXNpn/are-you-tough-enough

I will do it when I have watched it 

UPDATE: It's not about the show but are you tough enough to be out there with the team. I scored 20/30 Shocked

Message 18 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I'll just post my results here...I don't care...I am perfectly happy doing just what they suggest...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 91

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions