Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planet Earth 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125928 Posts
  • 1016 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

It's finally here...10 years after the original Planet Earth and well worth the wait. Filming technology has come a long way in the decade since the first series. It has become possible to get even closer to nature, show things in new ways, show new things. The planet itself has changed in those 10 years, too; never has it been more fragile and precious.

Narrated by the wonderful Sir David Attenborough so it could be nothing more than superb

Planet Earth II title iconic imag

The first episode was about Islands and their inhabitants.

We saw Pygmy Sloths travelling miles (slowly) and swimming across a lake.....in order to mate.

Komodo Dragons fighting to the death...again to get mating rights...

Then in typical OMG filming we saw baby marine iguana hatchlings....appearing out of the sand and making a run to meet up with the adults basking on the rocks....and suddenly being chased by dozens of Racer snakes. Some made it...others did not.

This one was lucky....

A hatchling marine iguana sits on the head of an adult at Cape Douglas, on the island of Fernandina. Marine iguanas are unique to the islands of the Galapagos. 

Breathtaking, Stunning  and well worth the watch....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02544td

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great find @Anonymous ! I scored:

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 yup thats what let me down too

Message 22 of 91

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous I've got better over the years but spiders are still a big no no in my book! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 23 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 125928 Posts
  • 1016 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

It was the crossing the Grand Canyon on a zip wire that held no appeal for me. I have also been known to get seasick....I can do tents....and certainly don't mind lizards....but BIG spiders can crawl away from me thanks...Fear

And for those of you who actually like or don't mind snakes....Yeah well...you obviously have never seen a racer snake in action

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 91

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93978 Posts
  • 708 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I see cockroaches here that are three inches across and think nothing of climbing your leg and they are probably the only species that could survive a nuclear holocaust. I'm fairly aufait with our animal Kingdom but cockroaches.....and clowns.... are something that scare the proverbial out of me.

Message 25 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

My mrs had an absolute fit when all the snakes started coming out of the rocks!!!

Message 26 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Welcome Welcome

I'm with your Mrs @Anonymous re: snakes ... I just don't like 'wrigglies' ... & good to see you redtitbit

Spiders don't bother me ... even the big ones with hairy legs that come in from the cold this time of year

I shall get upset when the hatchlings try to make it to safety without the racer snakes getting them

I'm out to watch the 1st episode tonight on the iPlayer

Message 27 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 125928 Posts
  • 1016 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Here you go @Anonymous This one got away......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Welcome Welcome

I'm with your Mrs @Anonymous re: snakes ... I just don't like 'wrigglies' ... & good to see you redtitbit

Spiders don't bother me ... even the big ones with hairy legs that come in from the cold this time of year

I shall get upset when the hatchlings try to make it to safety without the racer snakes getting them

I'm out to watch the 1st episode tonight on the iPlayer

Thanks.....i haven't been here for a while (to the relief of many i reckon!!).

Message 29 of 91

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I quite liked the Racer Snakes. Obviously a bit sad when the catch the baby iguanas but they are beautiful looking creatures, especially when they all move together! 

signature

Message 30 of 91