cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - What are you watching?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So then..

I’m currently making my way through The Haunting of Hill House, loosely based on the novel. It’s not hardcore make you jump scary but it’s enough to make you wonder what that noise was.

It’s only 10 episodes long so not a ‘Lost’ yawnathon.

Short review HERE .. read the first few paragraphs only!

So tell me, what am I watching next?

Message 1 of 127
126 REPLIES 126

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
The AHS looked really good - are all the series linked, or can you pick and choose?

I'm in to Series 2 now and can confirm that you can pick a Series and watch at random.

Each Series is a unique story.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 127

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Coolio.
Will look at the series synopsis before jumping in then.
First impressions/no spoiler review?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 42 of 127

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Coolio.
Will look at the series synopsis before jumping in then.
First impressions/no spoiler review?

Bloody superb !

I'm hooked on it 😆

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 127

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I haven't seen it @EmilieT but I saw a comment online that Dogs will make you cry! hushed 

Message 44 of 127

foocindy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 29 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not that I cannot afford Netflix but if I pay for it, and I dont watch it as much then I are not getting value for money.  Having it makes me want to stay home to get value for money - when I should be outdoors doing stuff.

I like to watch when the season has ended as I dont have the patiences to wait every year for the following season.  OK OK there are a few where I am waiting for the final season. I only watch box sets when I am on the treadmill. So if I want to need to watch the next episode becos its exciting and addictive, I need to be on the treadmill.  If I calculate the miles, I have been to Scotland and back at least 5 times the past 5 years.

24 - its OK. Kiefer is a hunk!!

West Wing

Homeland - waiting for last season - bummer!!

GOT - waiting for last season - double bummer!! Had to watch twice becos confusing with so many clans.

Scandal - gave up - the woman just wont stop shouting

Breaking Bad - its OK

ROME - will watch it again

Guy Ritchie's Two smoking barrels, Snatch, 4 Layer cake, RocknRoll - I love his movies

Tarantino - love him too - Inglorious ******, Django, Dusk Till Dawn, Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers, jackie Brown -- not watched Kill Bill, Reservior Dogs,

Am keen to try some Norwegian, Dutch and Swedish dramas - I dont mind sub titles. Any recommendations?

Message 45 of 127

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 46 of 127

foocindy
  • 29 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Haha good one, Jonsie. I guess I should state that I reside in Twickenham, approx 400 miles to Edinburgh.

Message 47 of 127

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Marjo I'll start watching Dogs soon so will let you know if what you heard is right hushed

@foocindy A pretty good list you got there! smiley I haven't watched any Norwegian, Dutch or Swedish dramas on Netflix just yet but I've heard some good things about The Rain and Dark - respectively Danish and German, but you said you didn't mind subtitles so I thought I'd mention it.

You mention West Wing and Homeland, is The House of Cards also on your radar? It's kind of in the same vein from what I know but I haven't actually seen either so open to the suggestions hugging

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 48 of 127

foocindy
  • 29 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

oh yes, I forgot I did watch House of Cards now waiting for final season, thanks for reminding me - I heard it does not have the impact becos Kevin Spacey is gone.   Will check out The Rain and Dark - thank you.

I did enjoy the Swedish version of Girl with Dragon Tattoo .....omg omg 1st time watching, I had to close one eye and mute the TV.  The Daniel Craig "English" version re-do for American market was OK, but the "talking" was mumbled and difficult to understand, and I am not keen for Stallen Skarsgard playing the baddie.

Message 49 of 127

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@EmilieT the only thing House of Cards and The West Wing have in common is they are both political dramas. But they are totally different types of political drama. Both excellent in my opinion, though the loss of Kevin Spacey from House of Cards could prove fatal. I'll reserve my judgement on that, though I do understand why he was dropped.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 50 of 127