Did you mean: 

Which samsung

Mamabear4ever
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya

I currently own a redmi 9s and it's served me well for the last 3yrs but I've had issues through those 3yrs which have gotten worser in the last couple of months and I definitely need a new phone. 

I've always admired Samsung and now is a good time to take the plunge and get one but there's so many I'm not sure which one to go for. 

My budget is £450 and my main use apart from going online is gaming I like to play games not loads but I enjoy playing games as well as watching YouTube videos. 

I was looking at the Samsung A54 as I don't need anything too fancy and it seems like a good phone but I'm no expert on Samsung so I read reviews by tech experts who seem to say it's a good phone but when I read owner reviews it's mixed so thought I'd ask here if any long-term owners of Samsung think the A54 is a good phone or what else in the Samsung range is good.

Really appreciate any help in advance 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10181 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Mamabear4ever 

We buy Samsung's as part of my job, the A series are sturdy devices built to a price point, and are good as an entryish Samsung.. 

Now Samsung Support is getting is a different matter, it is struggling at the moment, and to be brutually honest it can be as bad as o2 or Three for that matter... and they like to class things as not warranty issues.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5688 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Mamabear4ever 

I have a Samsung Galaxy A54 5g 256Gb and am happy to commend it as a good handset for daily use. I don't use it for heavy duty gaming or intricate photography and these are the two things that other users say disappoints them. 

Actually, the one thing that I find convenient on my other Samsung is wireless charging, but the A54 does not support this.  

I think one has to be pragmatic when considering the A54. You are not going to get all of the features of a "S" series 'phone when one is paying substantially less but, in my view, the A54 is a very good value for money handset. 

I am now on my seventh Galaxy "S" series handset, as well as the A54, but have never experienced any issues or problems. Hence, I am unable to comment on the Samsung support deficiency that @madasaf1sh has alluded to. What I can say is that Samsung deliver on the agreed day and have always dealt promptly and as agreed with my trade-ins. 

Please let us know what you settle on and whether or not you fell that you made the correct choice.   

Message 3 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10771 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi there @Mamabear4ever 

I love Samsung 

Got Samsung TV

Samsung washing machine 

Samsung A70 Phone enjoyed this large screen too. 

Bought at the store very helpful there 2018

Posted a review of it on o2 

No issues at all. Buy the best you can afford.

Good luck

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5688 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Mamabear4ever 

The launch date for the Samsung Galaxy S24 range is in a couple of weeks' time :-

The Samsung Galaxy S24 launch date is now official – and you can expect lots of AI | TechRadar

https://www.techradar.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-phones/the-samsung-galaxy-s24-launch-date-is-now-off...

Whilst you are not looking for a new top of the range 'phone, this is a date worth noting. Samsung have previously used a launch to trigger discounts on older models and mid-range handsets, so keeping an eye on Samsung's website for the next couple of week might see you bag a bargain. 

Message 5 of 5