Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 677

Re: Netflix - What are you watching?

@jonsie

I had the advantage there @jonsie as I never read the books.

I have read some of Lee Childs novels, though not Jack Reacher.

So in effect, the films started as a blank canvas for me....wink

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 547

I downloaded all he books to myKindle and read them all over the last couple of years. The books are really good, I can recommend them if you're a reader.

Level 1: Joiner

Hello everyone and good morning!!

Currently watching *SEVEN SECONDS* No spoilers 4 u.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

I might give the Jack Reacher books a go when I'm done with the series I'm reading at the moment @jonsie, thanks for the recommendation! 📚

@Isildur How did you like Seven seconds? I haven't watched it yet so no spoilers but a thumbsup or thumbsdown maybe? And Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

It is about racist America, corrupt cops. Relentless mother in seeking justice for her dead son. I like it.

Also, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, it is about Mayan vampires lol. Quentin Tarantino is the screenplay writer so I took the leap of faith just by having seen his name on the board...

Thank you for having me. Great home you got here.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

[ Edited ]

I've read the first 3 or 4 Jack Reacher books and really liked them.  I do like the films, but Tom Cruise was mis-cast for the role. 

Reminded me of the complete mis-casting of Morgan Freeman as Alex Cross.  What they were thinking with that one I do not know.  Don't know

Anyone who has read the Alex Cross books knows he's about 6'2" and is supposed to look like Muhammed Ali.  They missed a trick I think in not casting Denzel Washington as Alex Cross, with, at the time, Michael Clarke Duncan as John Samson.  That would have been a pretty perfect casting.

Thanks

Steve
Topics: 547

I looked on the Morgan Freeman role of Alex Cross as being the sort of B movie you would see on Channel Five in the afternoons. It didn't do the book any justice or any possible further films in a Patterson franchise much credibility although they did stick to the plot more or less.

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

Narcos: Mexico is out today.  Loved the first 3 seasons of the original Narcos, so will be interesting to see how it works without Agent Pena etc

Thanks

Steve

Just finished Brain on Fire. Rare diseases and how they can easily misinterpreted. Watch it, you'll relate to that. Smiley Happy

Community Manager

@Isildur That sounds rather sad but could be interesting!

Anyone here watched the new documentary Dogs yet? I'm definitely going to start watching it whenever I have some time but looking for some first-hand impressions if anyone has started it slight smile 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature