My trip to Croatia & Italy via Slovenia

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

Hello everybody, wave

I'm back in the UK!! 

I've had a fantastic trip away, met some amazing & friendly people, seen some absolutely stunning sites and now I'm back in the freezing cold!!

I stayed in Croatia in the northern Istrian region in a stunning ancient town called Poreč full of Venetian architecture along the Adriatic coast near a city called Pula.IMG-20191101-WA0016.jpg

I did some trekking around and went to many different places, some of which included Plitvice Lakes, Groznjan, Motovun & the surrounding hilltop towns, Pazin, Rijeka, Pula, Vrsar and many more. After the trip to the remote hilltop towns to see the traditional Istrian way of life, we went to a place where a banquet was put on for us with the most amazing Istrian food and the locals sang traditional songs to us. It was a great way to end the day!IMG-20191101-WA0015.jpg

I've fallen in love with Croatia, it was my first time there and I've honestly never seen a country as beautiful. Everything is just so picturesque. I could live there. IMG-20191101-WA0002.jpg

Slovenia is very scenic on the Croatian, Italy boarder, kind of remote. You see the odd house dotted here and there in the hills.... It's very nice but there isn't a lot happening.IMG-20191101-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20191101-WA0005.jpg

I've also never seen motorways so empty in my life. It's kind of like the end of the world but in a really good way 

More info
tongue_winkingIMG-20191101-WA0000.jpgIMG-20191101-WA0022.jpg

Italy - Trieste. Beautiful city surrounded by the mountains, smells amazing coming into it off the motorway as the illy coffee factory fills the air with such a great smell & Trieste literally has the best tomatoes I've ever tasted in my life! The people drive like absolute maniacs which is rather scary. The 4G has astronomical speeds at 170 mbps, I've never been able to download so fast and thanks to European roaming from O2 being the same as me being in the UK, it was an amazing experience! I didn't have to worry about a huge bill when I got home!

IMG-20191101-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20191101-WA0027.jpg

I've royally messed up the order of these photos on this post.... Sorry!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10667 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
A stunning place, Italy gorgeous too. I know folks who have bought homes in Croatia but remote. I find it amazing the speeds you were getting for 4G too! It's a big country.
Good to hear you enjoyed o2 with no huge Bill's to come home to as well!
The photos are lovely the soft hues and the buildings beautiful.
Thanks for taking the time to show these @SamsungFanBoy

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 10

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welocme back @SamsungFanBoy smiley

Those pictures are stunning, I've never been to those countries but this certainly makes me want to! It looks like you had pretty great weather as well, while we've been freezing over here - was it quite warm still in the various places you visited? Oh and I'm curious, how was the food? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy 

It really looks beautiful. I know a couple of people who have been and they love it so much, they are going again.

Stunning pictures. Thanks for posting. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Stunning photos it is cool visiting another country
Message 5 of 10

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@TallTrees it's an absolutely stunning country. Italy is great as well but Croatia definitely won it for me. Italy has some pretty amazing 4G speeds though! I was shocked at just what speeds I got. Croatia's speeds are much slower and are about the same as what we get here in the UK.
Message 6 of 10

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@EmilieT Yes the weather was between 23 and 25°C most days. Most mornings started off cool and the same for night time at this end of the year. The temps were between12 to 16°C. Most mornings were cloudy until around 10am and then it was just sunshine and the sun is so strong out there. Like literally 10 minutes and you're beginning to burn so yes it was lovely. We had one day where there was a storm but it hit overnight. I remember hearing the sea waves crashing and rain coming down pretty hard a few times as I'd woken up but that was all gone by morning and it was another lovely day. The Adriatic sea is really calm and you don't hear any waves crash at night so when you do, you know that it's rough (it's nowhere near as rough as somewhere like Blackpool though! Haha). The food was fantastic! I eat meat & fish so I especially loved eating the fresh seafood that was available in most places. I've never tasted anything so good! I'd say that the Croatian diet is very similar to Mediterranean. The food in Trieste in Italy was lovely but it was very pricey. In fact, I just don't think anything in I saw was cheap out there 😛 where as that's a different story with Croatia, in general food is probably 40% less than you'd pay here at home.
Message 7 of 10

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@Cleoriff I will definitely be going again slight_smile
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds fabulous. Great pics, thanks for sharing!
Message 9 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

This was a lovely read @SamsungFanBoy , thanks for posting about your travels! I enjoyed the pictures too. slight_smile

Message 10 of 10