cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My smart tech

Anonymous
Not applicable

An old friend popped round last night, not seen him since school. After a greeting, a brew and a chat I could see him looking around.. not sure what he was thinking I told him to go for a look.

My place is only small and he came back a minute later saying ‘you don’t even have a tv!’ and then he proceeded to list the tech he has uses. (Yawn)

I have an 

Ipad

internet radio

iPhone 3GS (Moto G5 is for sale)

I like to try new tech but I don’t seem to able to stick with it!

So I’m wondering if I’m the only one these days with a pad practically devoid of tech? Am I an old man already?

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a yawn fest at all @Cleoriff I’ve always been interested in how others use or don’t use tech. 

People kept telling me android is the way to go, so I bought the Moto G5. I found it slow and clunky, but I did like changing the launcher but change tones in android I had to try and find the settings in each app but with iOS it was all in notifications! 

With only having a bike for transport, I will get a big shop delivered from online shopping but use the bike to go to and from the store daily to get milk, bread, potatoes & as many bargains as I can on the reduced counter!!! (My favourite part) 

I try to embrace tech but I don’t want to become one of those people who sits there on the phone at dinner, or who walks down the street attempting to get run over while staring at the small screen!

oh and if you do find an app that does the washing.. I will quite happily embrace it! 🤯

Message 11 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg @Glory1... 72... Your knowledge and the way you post gave me the impression you were half that! 

Games, phones, tablets, tv & forums.. I hope when I reach my 70s I’m as active online!!

I thought The Good Fight got off to a slow start but I’m itching to see where it goes! 

Message 12 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Thank you @Anonymous you've totally made my day. I'm chuffed to think my knowledge and posts give the impression of someone half my age.

I've always been interested in technology since I was a kid. Have friends of all ages from teens to oldies like me. Maybe that's what keeps me young. I don't know but I hope, how ever long I live, I never ever become an 'oldie' in my attitude or interests. I worked with many of them and it wasn't pretty 😊

I agree The Good Fight was a slow burner but it was dealing with a funeral. However, I loved the court scenes with that judge who was on another planet and kept interrupting the voir dire. The lawyers' reactions were priceless. And some interesting story lines look to be promising in future episodes. I'm just a sucker for good legal dramas. But then I love all good drama.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aww.. then I’ve done my good deed for the day! 🤩

Diane tried to kick Howard (the judge) out of the firm in The Good Wife & I think that’s why he was being a thorn in her side. I’m glad they got rid of Kolstadt tho.. she was an awful character. Diane’s face when she turned down the job and Kolstaft got it was priceless..

oh and good to know that Will was remembered, was gutted when he was killed off)

and what about the drugs???? Weird!!!

maybe we should have a The Good Fight / Wife thread @Glory1

Message 14 of 41

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I was a little old to all this too. I was 50 years old before I had my first basic lesson from my son as I was going for a job interview that required part of the interview to be able to put notes on the system in good English, luckily speed wasn't as important as spelling and punctuation. I got the job thanks to that 30 minute lesson Even then I was scared to death of touching a PC but I had to 

learn as I went along. My son said Dad dont worry, you cant break a computer...ha! At one point I wiped the entire stock system when updating it.

Myself and two others had to work long into the night stocktaking though I had to stay longer inputting it back so it was ready for next morning. This was before the days of live stock systems but my job was to update it manually each evening. Some companies even now still don't have a live stock system. ......

Nowadays I'm quite comfortable with technology though not an expert by any means. Most things can be found on Google if things go wrong and help is there when you need it. 

Message 15 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't do without my phone & laptop ... I'm rather a tech novice but have learnt a lot here on the community 

I was given a small flat screen tv with Sky & I use that a lot, particularly on record

That's about it ... I listen to BBC Radio Four in the late evenings, but am not sure if radio is considered tech?

Message 16 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

Diane tried to kick Howard (the judge) out of the firm in The Good Wife & I think that’s why he was being a thorn in her side. I’m glad they got rid of Kolstadt tho.. she was an awful character. Diane’s face when she turned down the job and Kolstaft got it was priceless..

oh and good to know that Will was remembered, was gutted when he was killed off)

I'm up for a Good Fight/Wife thresd but does anybody else watch it apart from us? I suppose the only way to find out is set up the thread and see if anyone else responds..

And I miss Will too. He was a good actor and the charactrr was well-rounded and the shooting what a shock..

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 17 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I'm afraid it's a programme I've never heard of ....sorry slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 41

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I'm up for a Good Fight/Wife thresd but does anybody else watch it apart from us? I suppose the only way to find out is set up the thread and see if anyone else responds..

And I miss Will too. He was a good actor and the charactrr was well-rounded and the shooting what a shock..

I LOVED the Good Wife and was sad when it ended. I heard some rumours that there might be a spin-off - is it actually happening then and that's the Good Fight you're talking about? If so, it will definitely go on my watch list. thumbsup And I reserve some of my related questions for that thread if you want to open one. grin

Message 20 of 41