cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My smart tech

Anonymous
Not applicable

An old friend popped round last night, not seen him since school. After a greeting, a brew and a chat I could see him looking around.. not sure what he was thinking I told him to go for a look.

My place is only small and he came back a minute later saying ‘you don’t even have a tv!’ and then he proceeded to list the tech he has uses. (Yawn)

I have an 

Ipad

internet radio

iPhone 3GS (Moto G5 is for sale)

I like to try new tech but I don’t seem to able to stick with it!

So I’m wondering if I’m the only one these days with a pad practically devoid of tech? Am I an old man already?

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I once saw a friend using his a Sony phone as a controller for his PlayStation. Wasn’t really sure why but then again I guess it’s a bit of selling point if you’re a PS / Sony junkie

Message 31 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've embraced a lot of smart tech having tinkered with PCs since I was a kid but it did take me a while to get used to a smartphone after using a keypad but although I have one of the new 3310s as a backup, I don't I couldn't go back to a 'feature' phone full time.

I can't understand the draw of smartwatches though despite many colleagues having them.

Message 32 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

My husband came late to the smart tech world. Now he has a S7 edge, a smartwatch, a Sony Z3 tablet and a laptop...The phone all paired up with Bluetooth on the car. A very happy bunny...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought an Amazon Echo in May to replace my internet Radio. I love it that much that I sold it on and got myself the Echo Plus, and now I can faff with the lights as well as the music.

I know it’s an extravagance but I can shout at the house and it does stuff.. you don’t know how good that feels to someone who lives alone and hallucinates regularly! At least now someone answers (occasionally)

Message 34 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought an Amazon Echo in May to replace my internet Radio. I love it that much that I sold it on and got myself the Echo Plus, and now I can faff with the lights as well as the music.

I know it’s an extravagance but I can shout at the house and it does stuff.. you don’t know how good that feels to someone who lives alone and hallucinates regularly! At least now someone answers (occasionally)

I listen to the radio a lot @Anonymous ... the thought of bawling at a piece of electronic machinery & it does stuff for me sounds deffo Ab Fab ... I too live alone, with my cat Marty who I couldn't do without ... what do you like listenin to on your Amazon Echo Plus?

Edited for spelling

Message 35 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an Echo Dot last Christmas and have added a second to give house-wide coverage.

We have a Hive thermostat which I've got linked and have replaced pretty much all the bulbs in the lamps in the house with Hive ones.

Will be great in the winter as I can tell it to turn the heating up before I have to get up for work....

Message 36 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I listen to the radio a lot @Anonymous ... the thought of bawling at a piece of electronic machinery & it does stuff for me sounds deffo Ab Fab ... I too live alone, with my cat Marty who I couldn't do without ... what do you like listenin to on your Amazon Echo Plus?

Edited for spelling

I’m still stuck in the 80s with the worst music taste, so it’s Cheesy FM for me, or Radio Madonna.

Amazon were giving away 4 months of Music for 99p when I bought it so I signed up for that too. 

Just need a few more bulbs to get the place fully automatic!

I’d to get the thermostat @Anonymous but it’s wildly expensive and I don’t think the landlord would like me faffing!

Message 37 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

A surprise Amazon event.. watch selected highlights HERE

new stuff including.. 

Dot - revamped

Plus - revamped

Sub

Input

Auto 

Recast 

and Alexa Guard 

Message 38 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

The amount of electric these things use is ridiculous.. so I’m binning them all! 

1x 2nd gen Amazon Echo Plus for sale 😉

Message 39 of 41

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The amount of electric these things use is ridiculous.. so I’m binning them all! 

1x 2nd gen Amazon Echo Plus for sale 😉

I'm surprised they use that much.It's one of those things you never think to check before buying open_mouth

Message 40 of 41