Did you mean: 

Movies in November 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's movie discussion time again! How was your film viewing last month? Did you watch any of the movies we talked about in October or did you see something great you'd like to recommend? 

I watched the original version of Assault on Precinct 13 from John Carpenter. It was a bit incoherent in places but had some strong characters and some good moments! I also saw Replicas with Keanu Reeves which has a scientist attempt to bring his family back from the dead following a tragic accident. I really enjoyed it and if you like sci fi I'd definitely check it out. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 14.28.01.png

On to Novembers films! One I think everyone is excited to see is The Irishman, reuniting Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, this tale of a mobsters involvement in the murder of Jimmy Hoffa. 

Based on real events, The Report stars Adam Driver as a Senate staffer who pushes for the investigation of the CIA's torture program after the events of 9/11.  

On to something a bit more light hearted, The Aeronauts is the story of a pioneering meteorologist and daredevil who team up to fly higher then anyone in history using hot air balloons!

One for the kiddies and adults alike, Frozen 2 is out in November and picks up the story of Elsa and friends as they travel to a ancient forest in an enchanted land. 

Chadwick Boseman stars in our next film, 21 Bridges which follows explores a conspiracy and a city wide manhunt for 2 wanted cop killers. 

Last up this month is Terminator: Dark Fate which sees Linda Hamilton return to the franchise to once again protect the present from murderous machines sent back in time! 

Let us know your top movie picks for this month and what you're looking forward to seeing most! yahoo

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Not been to see anything new in the last couple of months.
The Irishman does sound good - heard an interview with Stephen Graham who was in it. He was rather excited to be in the film and work with some of his heroes.
21 bridges and Terminator are on the list, and my daughter last night mentioned Frozen!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 23

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Happy Birthday @liggerz87 ! How was the Chinese food? slight_smile

@Martin-O2 Terminator is a must-see for me so hopefully, I manage to catch that soon. I'd like to see Frozen 2 as well. slight_smile

Message 12 of 23

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Happy birthday @liggerz87! I hope you had a great day! cool

I'll look into the ending @sheepdog! I'm a big fan of John Carpenter, love The Thing and They Live. I really enjoyed Ghosts of Mars too even though it's a bit cheesy in places. Do you have a personal favourite of his movies? 

@gmarkj@Marjo  I'm looking forward to Terminator too! Some of the recent films have been hit and miss so I'm hoping that this one gets back on track. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 13 of 23

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Martin-O2 I just love John Carpenter films. If I had to pick one, it would be The Thing. Spotted a few JC movies on one of the streaming channels so time to revisit them. 

I actually like Escape from New York v Assault on Precinct 13 Ghosts of Mars. Ha, just read the cast list and it features Jason Statham. Might be worth a laugh to see how his acting skills has improved as I'm going to watch The Meg tonight.

More info
Its Jason Statham, of course not.
Message 14 of 23

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Thank you had a good one the Chinese was good was well full Haha
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I saw a trailer for something with Knives earlier.. looks good to me..
Knives out?? I think it was.
Message 16 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes it's called Knives Out @Anonymous 

Starring Daniel Craig. It does look good https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8946378/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m going to rewatch Murder on the Orient Express(1974) it’s been awhile and you can’t beat a good murder mystery .. which was also a good film (Jennifer Aniston... ooooOOOOOoooo)
Message 18 of 23

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Agreed @sheepdog I recently rewatched The Thing as it popped up on netflix and it's such a great movie from start to finish. The effects still stand up and the lack of CGI is was refreshing. 

Haha I do like Statham movie but lets face it he's never going to win an Oscar. joy

Glad you had a good one @liggerz87! smiling

@Anonymous, @Cleoriff I like the sound of Knives Out! I'll be adding that one to the watch list. wink

signature

Message 19 of 23

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes it's called Knives Out @Anonymous 

Starring Daniel Craig. It does look good https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8946378/ 

It is, very good in that you can lose yourself in it for an hour and a half, great November viewing. Trailer here:

To sum up, using a still from the film... 🤣

20201023_074607.jpg

Message 20 of 23