Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been or live in Blackpool?

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi has anyone been or live in Blackpool? As I am on holiday in Blackpool from today till next week.
LGreenwood
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Used to go on holiday there when I was a kid but a bit too chavy for me these days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I live about 25 miles from there and lost count of the days I have spent there. I've not been for a few years and the last time I went I was surprised just how the town has changed so much from the once thriving holiday centre it once was.

It's still worth going if you haven't been before. The illuminations have started now I believe. Then there is the Tower with it's own attractions as well as the Pleasure Beach, Madame Tussauds and the Pier. Best way to travel around is on the trams. Enjoy @Luke30 

Message 3 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hi @Luke30
Have a great holiday in Blackpool 👍

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I've been a few times years ago to see the lights. Once stayed at the Butlins Metropole for a rock and roll weekend.

Please ignore my signature...something has gone wrong with my forum badges....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Went a couple of years ago.
Saw the lights. Went up the tower. Walked on the beach.
The town is not up to much (like a lot of towns now unfortunately) past the first two streets back from the front.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yes, it isn't somewhere I could go for a week unless the sun was shining every day. It's quite run down like most seaside towns in the North West now.

Message 7 of 7