Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Level 10: Inspirational

London startup F (x) tec launches smartphone with slide out keyboard

[ Edited ]

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2019/09/06/ifa-2019-london-startup-fxtec-unveils-key-board-sliding-sm...

Haven't we been here before?

Time to crank up the Shirley Bassey/Propellerheads track 'History repeating'?

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Highlighted
Topics: 78

Re: London startup F (x) tec launches smartphone with slide out keyboard

Except this one is actually pretty decent.....
The slide feels great, the UI is slick, and seems to have the guts to do any modern tasks with ease.
Yeah it's not the fastest CPU, but I doubt any consumers use the 855 or even 845 to full potential.
For social media addicts, this thing is pretty much a great option in the age of £1000+ phones.
I hope they do well as they seem really decent and passionate about their product.

Highlighted
Level 16: Talkative

Does look cool
Highlighted
Topics: 700

[ Edited ]

I actually like it. Without keep droning on about age, I manage far better with a proper keyboard.

I have never been able to reach the giddy heights of knocking out info on a smartphone using two hands. I watch my grandson with mouth agape when he multitasks with both hands on his phone!

Watching F1 with him last weekend and he had one eye on the race whilst knocking out an email to his boss regarding a project he was working on.

I just couldn't believe the speed of it all Jaw-dropping

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Level 64: Magistrate

@Cleoriff Have you ever tried Swype or SlideIt? You only need one finger. The Google keyboard does the same. I've never been good at typing and I find it invaluable. I used it to write this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Highlighted
Topics: 700

@Bambino wrote:
@CleoriffHave you ever tried Swype or SlideIt? You only need one finger. The Google keyboard does the same. I've never been good at typing and I find it invaluable. I used it to write this.

No I haven't @Bambino . I will have a look later. Thanks for the heads up wink

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Topics: 556

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:
@CleoriffHave you ever tried Swype or SlideIt? You only need one finger. The Google keyboard does the same. I've never been good at typing and I find it invaluable. I used it to write this.

But keep an eye on auto correct, it's been known to make people out to be illiterate 😜

Highlighted

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

But keep an eye on auto correct, it's been known to make people out to be illiterate 😜

Ordinary typing with predictive text does the same for some @jonsie. Too many people hit send without reading what they've written first.Smiley Wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Highlighted
Topics: 556

@Bambino wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Ordinary typing with predictive text does the same for some @jonsie. Too many people hit send without reading what they've written first.Smiley Wink

Guilty as charged m'lud 😂🍺🍻

Highlighted

I knew you'd get my (not so subtle) observation @jonsie LOL

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2