Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 133

Re: Great British Bake Off 2019

@EmilieT wrote:

Enjoy @Mi-Amigo! I'll be catching up on that tomorrow evening probably hugging I'm sure it's going to be great and make me super hungry, can't wait ...

I will @EmilieT as its my favourite round and yes just the look of fresh baked bread makes me hungry and wish I had some to scoff... 

animated-elephant-image-0278
Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Former Staff

@Mi-Amigo So how was bread week? Everything you were hoping for? I'll be able to talk about it all tomorrow morning but wondering if overall it was a good episode in your opinion Smiley Wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

@EmilieT wrote:

@Mi-Amigo So how was bread week? Everything you were hoping for? I'll be able to talk about it all tomorrow morning but wondering if overall it was a good episode in your opinion Smiley Wink

I loved it. Paul was a bit naughty with one round but again the episode was great.

I won`t spoil it but will let you know what I thought after you`ve had a chance to see it and talk about it tomorrow.

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Former Staff

Brilliant, looking forward to it! We'll talk more about all things bread tomorrow morning smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Topics: 695

On the other hand, bread week is my least favourite @EmilieT @Mi-Amigo , although I thought the showstopper was good. However......

Spoiler
I did think the part about making batches was poorly thought out, as they tended to judge the vegan burger filling more than the batch itself

*The Game Is On*

Former Staff

Thanks for using the spoielr tag @Cleoriff wink I'll check what you put there tomorrow and let you know what I thought of that and the showstopper as well!

signature

Topics: 550

I used to work at Warburton's Bakery and worked on every stage of the bread making process. I can honestly say that if I never saw another silo of flour or another machine that sliced and wrapped what you buy in the supermarkets, it would be too soon!

@jonsie 

My carer buys Warburton bread for me, so I`m gonna have to see no evil hear no evil speak no evil any comments of your experiences in the making Confused

Robert Kennedy.

Topics: 550

I still buy Warburtons bread, I think it's the best bread. Never buy supermarket's own brand because they are full of preservatives to give them better shelf life. Warbies bread is only good for a few days at most and any unsold go to the homeless shelters.

Next week will be another "first" on GBBO

Spoiler

- Dairy Week.

Apart from the usual signature bake at the beginning, the bakers will face a technical challenge, which consists of a complex recipe that dates back to Henry VIII; and then the showstopper to make a treat that is usually found at the centre of Indian weddings.

Sounds like it could be difficult but interesting.

Robert Kennedy.