Great British Bake Off 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Baking ustensils

Hey guys, 

I've just spotted that the contestant for this year's Great British Bake Off have now been revealed, which got me all excited for the upcoming series!

It's a great wholesome and delicious show that I love to watch, and I was wondering if any of you guys follow it too? 

Let me know how you like it, what your favourite themed week is, if there's any new theme you'd like to see, and if there's any contestant from the list you're looking forward to getting to know more through their baking creations!🧁🥖🍰🥧🥐

I always get really inspired while watching the Bake Off, so I might be using my oven and bringing more baked goods to the office during that time, and maybe share some pictures of what I make with you all as well if you'd like slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT 

I did and think it looks as if it will be an excellent series.

There is a slight change of format this year. 13 contestants and apparently they could eliminate 2 at any one given time. They only eliminated one last night and they appear to be very closely bonded already as they were all seriously upset when they named the one who went.

I thought the opening week was more challenging than usual. I wont say anymore as you have yet to watch it. innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 172

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Not watched it yet, soon.
Message 12 of 172

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Watched it on catch-up last night. Thoroughly loved it. The contestants seemed to get along - with no inflated egos. Without giving too much away, as there are probably some who have not yet watched it, I agreed with the judges` decision on Star Baker [going on the design, work, and finished product] but also impressed with the young woman who did the Sweet Shop in the Showstopper and think she could be in with a shout in future weeks slight_smile 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 13 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I also love the fact there is a male university student in it this series. Same age as my grandson. Now my grandson would be hard pushed to produce a spag bol. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 172

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At the end of this week`s programme, they announced next week will be Biscuit Week.

One of my favourite weeks is Bread Week - I love freshly baked bread.

I was wondering - does anyone else have a favourite GBBO week? 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I certainly didnt expect them to do the showstopper on the first week, as that's usually my favourite!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo I love all the weeks, it's hard to pick a favourite one but I'll think about it a bit more and let you know if I can device on one 🤔

@Cleoriff Sounds like a great start! I'll try to catch up tonight so we can talk about it before the weekend 👩‍🍳

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 17 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes @EmilieT  I shouldn't have given away the part about the showstopper....but there you go. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff Not too much of a spoiler, don't worry - if anything it makes me want to watch it right now, but I'll have to wait until tonight sweat_smile

signature

Message 19 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Just a quick update today: I caught up with the first episode last night, and what an episode! It was a really impressive start of the series, most of the contestants seem to be really good. Some of the showstoppers were gorgeous as well Angel

signature

Message 20 of 172