Great British Bake Off 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Baking ustensils

Hey guys, 

I've just spotted that the contestant for this year's Great British Bake Off have now been revealed, which got me all excited for the upcoming series!

It's a great wholesome and delicious show that I love to watch, and I was wondering if any of you guys follow it too? 

Let me know how you like it, what your favourite themed week is, if there's any new theme you'd like to see, and if there's any contestant from the list you're looking forward to getting to know more through their baking creations!🧁🥖🍰🥧🥐

I always get really inspired while watching the Bake Off, so I might be using my oven and bringing more baked goods to the office during that time, and maybe share some pictures of what I make with you all as well if you'd like slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Enjoy @Mi-Amigo! I'll be catching up on that tomorrow evening probably hugging I'm sure it's going to be great and make me super hungry, can't wait ...

I will @EmilieT as its my favourite round and yes just the look of fresh baked bread makes me hungry and wish I had some to scoff... 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 31 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo So how was bread week? Everything you were hoping for? I'll be able to talk about it all tomorrow morning but wondering if overall it was a good episode in your opinion wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 32 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Mi-Amigo So how was bread week? Everything you were hoping for? I'll be able to talk about it all tomorrow morning but wondering if overall it was a good episode in your opinion wink

I loved it. Paul was a bit naughty with one round but again the episode was great.

I won`t spoil it but will let you know what I thought after you`ve had a chance to see it and talk about it tomorrow.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 33 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Brilliant, looking forward to it! We'll talk more about all things bread tomorrow morning smiling

signature

Message 34 of 172

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

On the other hand, bread week is my least favourite @EmilieT @Mi-Amigo , although I thought the showstopper was good. However......

More info
I did think the part about making batches was poorly thought out, as they tended to judge the vegan burger filling more than the batch itself

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for using the spoielr tag @Cleoriff wink I'll check what you put there tomorrow and let you know what I thought of that and the showstopper as well!

signature

Message 36 of 172

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I used to work at Warburton's Bakery and worked on every stage of the bread making process. I can honestly say that if I never saw another silo of flour or another machine that sliced and wrapped what you buy in the supermarkets, it would be too soon!

Message 37 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie 

My carer buys Warburton bread for me, so I`m gonna have to see_no_evil hear_no_evil speak_no_evil any comments of your experiences in the making Confused

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 38 of 172

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I still buy Warburtons bread, I think it's the best bread. Never buy supermarket's own brand because they are full of preservatives to give them better shelf life. Warbies bread is only good for a few days at most and any unsold go to the homeless shelters.

Message 39 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Next week will be another "first" on GBBO

More info

- Dairy Week.

Apart from the usual signature bake at the beginning, the bakers will face a technical challenge, which consists of a complex recipe that dates back to Henry VIII; and then the showstopper to make a treat that is usually found at the centre of Indian weddings.

Sounds like it could be difficult but interesting.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 40 of 172