Did you mean: 

Google's new AI system Duplex makes a phone call

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Google latest artificial intelligence assistant named Duplex has been designed to perform real world tasks and they recently demonstrated it making a phone call and booking a hair appointment at a salon. The demonstration was not live and was picked from a wider pool of test calls but the A.I performed brilliantly and the person on the other end of the line had no idea they were talking to an AI! Take a look at the video. 

A few people have raised concerns over people interacting with a computer without realising. What do you guys think? Would you be happy for your AI assistant making calls and booking appointments on your behalf? How would you feel getting called up by a computer program?  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Good old Lucy! laughing

This reminds me a bid of a scene in Elysium when Matt Damon's character has to deal with the robot probation officer. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 12

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37275 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions
Message 12 of 12