Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going down

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Until the mods on this site learn some manners, I will not be posting any further.

I'm not looking for an appology, or even an explanation - Just some common courtesy.

Not too much to ask is it.

I guess this will be deleted also Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 81
80 REPLIES 80

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
So Leonard, that's 5 requests from regulars to allow some local transparent moderation... How open are you to a discussion regarding this change?
A simple "NO" would have covered it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well- that's not very transparent or communicative grin
Message 42 of 81

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The suggestion on doing member moderation until our team grows is definitely an option. However, we feel that for those few hours, such a huge shift in how the forum is run isn't justified and could potentially have a negative impact as well (awkwardness, confusion, etc). Last but not least, keeping moderation consistent is always more challenging with a bigger team that doesn't sit together.

Sorry but we all know how I love to pick arguments apart:D

Currently the lithium team are doing exactly what you say creating the "(awkwardness, confusion, etc)."

as for the team not sitting with each other is an understandable point however I think (as I'm sure others do) that the long term members will have much more competence in moderation than the lithium team would. They are on the forums each and every day and know the forum rules that have been set by O2 (the ones you adhere to). I can't fathom how a team of "mods" who are not active members of the forums would be more suited to such a position than the members. 

At the end of the day the members are the ones who keep things running are they not? They provide all the answeres, they highlight inappropriate posts, they are active across all parts of the board and are very level headed. Surely that would put them on par with yourselves. Rather than a team in another country :O.

As for the hiding of posts if flagged it is probally available. I presume they have the ability to only allow a post to be shown prior to moderator approval. In which case flagging a post could hide it until a moderator has approved said message(/edited it). Wouldn't be too far fetched.

As for the abuse of such a system that is definatly a problem. However I presume once a post is flagged it is shown who flagged the post. If you believe a member is abusing the right provided a simple suspension of the power would be easy to implement (Provided a warning is not a winner)

anyway I'm done. 

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 43 of 81

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The suggestion on doing member moderation until our team grows is definitely an option. However, we feel that for those few hours, such a huge shift in how the forum is run isn't justified and could potentially have a negative impact as well (awkwardness, confusion, etc). Last but not least, keeping moderation consistent is always more challenging with a bigger team that doesn't sit together.

Sorry but we all know how I love to pick arguments apart:D

Currently the lithium team are doing exactly what you say creating the "(awkwardness, confusion, etc)."

as for the team not sitting with each other is an understandable point however I think (as I'm sure others do) that the long term members will have much more competence in moderation than the lithium team would. They are on the forums each and every day and know the forum rules that have been set by O2 (the ones you adhere to). I can't fathom how a team of "mods" who are not active members of the forums would be more suited to such a position than the members. 

At the end of the day the members are the ones who keep things running are they not? They provide all the answeres, they highlight inappropriate posts, they are active across all parts of the board and are very level headed. Surely that would put them on par with yourselves. Rather than a team in another country :O.

anyway I'm done. 

Reasoned comments Liquid.

Message 44 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree to all of your arguments, Liquid.

Whenever someone reports inappropriate content, we get an email on our mobiles, so we basically see anything you report straight away. If really bad stuff happens, we see it straight away and can action it. However, if we're off and it's a small incident, we often choose to leave it to the mod team to deal with. Just guessing, but they do less than 1 report a day, so we're really not talking about a huge amount.
Message 45 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't we have some sort of user team or users assigned to look after certain areas such as iOS or contracts etc as it could be quite useful to have 2 or 3 on each section

Message 46 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
if O2 were really bothered/took any notice of this forum don't you think they would have more official mods doing the exact things you excellent regulars are doing for free ?
tb
Message 47 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
if O2 were really bothered/took any notice of this forum don't you think they would have more official mods doing the exact things you excellent regulars are doing for free ?
tb

What an odd stick to try to beat O2 with.  If they didn't care, why have a forum in the first place?  Why have Leonard and Toby spending their working time managing the forum?  Why pay for a team of mods from Lithium for when they're not around? 

Your argument falls apart right there.  If O2 didn't care, they wouldn't have a forum, or a social media team to handle enquiries via twitter/facebook, or even a webchat service.

Message 48 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
fair point Pablo, perhaps I should have said O2 should have more input to answer people's questions not just modding? all the regulars , as superb as they are, don't know what O2 are thinking?
tb
Message 49 of 81

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That point I can agree with:)

Unfortunatly as proved with Pablo and the tu go app any major things will most likly be conditional on a NDA.

I don't think I'd want to know if I couldn't discuss with everyone:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 50 of 81