Did you mean: 

Fun facts about your pets 🐕 🐈

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys,

I know a few of you have (or have previously had) cats, dogs, mice, snakes... and many other types of pets, and I wanted to ask what "fun facts" you have observed about them? Cat Tongue 

From the past 5 years I've had my 2 cats, I've noticed they have a few "quirky" or unusual habits that I think are either amusing or just plain strange. thinking

• Drake is obsessed with chewing plastic so I have to carefully hide all plastic bags and packages of food that have even a little bit of plastic covering so he doesn't get to it when I'm not home. If he gets his paws on plastic, he immediately goes and chews, until a few minutes later pukes it all out. And never learns... expressionless
  • Drake also likes to hang out in the bathroom sink for some reason (photo below) nerd
  • Arthur has a habit of "messing with" the cactus on my living room table every time he wants attention as he knows it gets an almost immediate reaction from me. (I also often come home to my cacti having been knocked on the floor.) laughing unamused

Drake Drake

What quirky things have you observed your pets doing? I'd love to hear about them! Cat Very Happy Cat Very Happy Cat Very Happy

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@gmarkj

Our cats (and we have had many,) have always loved boxes. No matter how old they are, if they find a box, they are in it Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Loved reading these! A nice start on a Monday morning. heart_eyes 

I ordered a pizza a couple of days ago and it came with a side of one large jalapeño. I left the pizza box on the kitchen counter for a while and when I came back the jalapeño was gone. I couldn't find it anywhere and then forgot about it. The next day I was about to go out and went downstairs to put my shoes on. There was something in the shoe. I pulled out a tightly-packed bunch of 2 paper balls and the jalapeño. expressionless I often wonder what goes on in their (Arthur's, mainly, Drake is less weird lol) minds when they do these things.

@Cleoriff I have many "annoying facts" about my cats too. sweat_smile I don't have wallpaper anymore but when I did in my previous flat, it got torn very quickly. I forgot to mention in my first post that Arthur loves to shred paper, like your cat @Anonymous, and also (especially) toilet paper rolls. I have to hide them as every time he gets his paws on toilet rolls, they will be shredded immediately. It's funny to look at though and I do sometimes "accidentally" leave a roll out and then observe Arthur spotting it with his "bird-catching" face. Then I have to clean the whole thing up but it's worth it as he had so much fun. Cat Very Happy hugging 

@Anonymous So sorry to hear about your cats. disappointed_relieved They had lovely names. Have you thought of getting any more cat(s) in the future?

Aww @MusicIan Juke sounds adorable! grin I took a relative's bull terrier out for a walk once as a child. Small dog but very stubborn and I wasn't able to guide him anywhere during the walk - the dog pretty much walked me. Alsatian, is that the same as German Shepherd?

@Mi-Amigo My first cat, Ninni, used to "like" (I assumed at least) some songs that I listened to as she came in to my room every time I played those songs. It was a long time ago so I forget which ones though, but it was very consistent. slight_smile My current cats don't do anything like that.

@liggerz87 My hamster was the same as your rats when it comes to going back in the cage. sweat_smile 

@TallTrees Cats in paper bags or boxes like @gmarkj's kittens are super adorable. Cat Very Happy My cats both love to go in the big 30kg wood litter bag once it's empty and rustle around in there. I once made the mistake of putting my hand in there once Arthur was in the bag - got big scratches! They also compete who can go in the bag. sweat_smile

Message 12 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12098 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Oh, and forgot to mention - Sammy is also a great fan of anything that rustles; paper, tin foil from sweets, toys that crinkle. Anything!
To the point if I screw up some paper he will run up to me and sit waiting for me to throw it!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Lily sits on the back of the settee staring at the printer when it's in use.

If we aren't quick, she grabs the paper as it prints and runs off to chew it.... Little git joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 18

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Lily sits on the back of the settee staring at the printer when it's in use.

If we aren't quick, she grabs the paper as it prints and runs off to chew it.... Little git joy

LOL I can imagine that! My first cat was scared of the printer and always ran to hide when it started to print. I don't have a printer anymore but Arthur would probably destroy the whole printer and not just the paper. joyexpressionless

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

My cats have all been scared of the vacuum cleaner, window cleaner & dustbin lorry

My previous cat Wispa would love to run & hide in supermarket sized carrier bags if they were on the floor Cat

Message 16 of 18

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My cats have all been scared of the vacuum cleaner, window cleaner & dustbin lorry

My previous cat Wispa would love to run & hide in supermarket sized carrier bags if they were on the floor Cat

Ohh yes, the scary vacuum cleaners! Drake and my first cat Ninni both hate(d) when I start hoovering. Sometimes I even hear hissing. Cat Surprised Poor cats... Arthur is too curious to be scared and sometimes starts hitting the nozzle with his paw and gets super fascinated when it starts sucking the paw in. joy He does jump though when I suddenly move the hoover so he's not completely comfortable with it turned on.

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo 

Hey there,

No I don't have plans on getting anymore cat(s) or any other animals in the future.  

Message 18 of 18