Did you mean: 

Movies in February - 2019!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

We're a week into February and it's time for another movie discussion! In last months thread we wen't over the recent Oscar nominations, talked about the up-coming movies we want to see and recommend a few films we'd recently watched. 

First up on my Feb watch list is Alita: Battle Angel, a sci fi action film set in the far future that follows Alita, an Android that wakes up with no memory and some serious fighting ability! 

Cold pursuit is your typical vigilante story with a snowy twist which sees the main character get revenge!

For something a bit more lighthearted Lego Movie 2 is out on the 8th followed by Instant Family staring Mark Wahlberg. 

Slasher/horror fans are in luck with Happy Death Day 2U coming out this month. The film is about a collage student who has to revisit the day of her death again and again. 

The final film to keep an eye on this month is All Is True which recounts the final days in the life of William Shakespeare.

What do you think of this months movie releases? Is there anything not on the list you would recommend checking out and what was your favourite movie of last month? 

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 10.57.48.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Nothing there that I really fancy. My genre is thrillers, especially police themed.

Cold Pursuit is a maybe.smiling

Message 2 of 27

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Martin-O2 I've seen adverts both for Alita: Battle Angel and the Shakespeare film. Of the 2, definitely interested in Alita. That's my kind of film and I will definitely pre-order it when available in Amazon.

Cold Pursuit and the Shakespeare films I might watch when they eventually come on TV but not ones I'd buy.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I saw excerpts of Alita and the Lego Movie when they had the stars on Graham Norton show

Not sure either is for me. I may fancy Cold Pursuit though..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 27

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I just wonder how the movie Cold Pursuit will fare at the box office, especially given the stupid ignorant comments by Liam Neeson.

Strangely enough, his next role will be in the aptly named Men in Black International. Oh the irony!

Message 5 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I may be alone in thinking this but I feel quite sorry for him.

This was something that happened 40 years ago. Society was very different then.

He didn't go through with it, he was so angry he just thought about it.

I'm not condoning anything. I feel he was stupid in admitting it.

He has, without doubt, committed career suicide.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Just to add, 40 years ago I had various thoughts about certain issues when nursing. So did many others.

That was then, nowadays I may or may not have the same opinion. Difference is, I wouldn't admit to any of it today.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 27

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just to add, 40 years ago I had various thoughts about certain issues when nursing. So did many others.

That was then, nowadays I may or may not have the same opinion. Difference is, I wouldn't admit to any of it today.

Yes, it pays to think very carefully before opening your mouth. Let's be honest, most of us thought about many things differently 40 years ago, as we were different people then than the people we are now. And like you @Cleoriff I wouldn't admit to any if it.

Showing your ignorance 40 years ago does you no credit today. Very stupid of Liam Neeson being honest about something that will definitely impact his career and on national television too.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Society was different then @Glory1

We listened and laughed at some comedians who in hindsight,  were racist and misogynistic.

As a nurse I was harassed and abused by 100's of people (patients and staff)

If I took a lawsuit out against every male doctor who patted my backside or draped an arm round my shoulder, I would be a millionaire. It didn't offend me then, it wouldn't offend me now.

Same goes for any patient , drunk, drugged or head injured, who aimed verbal and physical abuse in my direction. (All part of the job I chose to do).

It was a different era then.

The fact is Hollywood is hypocritical talking about cancelling Neesons film for something he didn't do. I suppose it covers up the casting couch debacle which still rages on.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 27

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

He may well have been trying, very badly, to promote the film but on the other hand....

40 years ago he wouldn't have dared to utter such a racist comment but at least these days it can be openly discussed.

Having said that, people have long memories and he may well have stirred up feelings amongst a very badly treated generation of American citizens.

I'm waiting for black actors to refuse to work with him and I certainly wouldn't blame them. Easy to say now but I can imagine him being amongst those bigots all those years ago. Never been a favourite actor of mine and certainly not a name to get me queuing up at the cinema.

Message 10 of 27