Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Although the season has yet to begin and we won't see the cars till next month when testing begins, I will start this thread off by wishing Lewis Hamilton a Happy 35th Birthday

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, car and shoes, possible text that says 'Happy'

This may be the year he wins his 7th WDC equalling Michael Schumacher. Who knows? He will certainly have Ferrari and the Red Bulls chasing him. Also with some luck and more power in the Honda engine, I am expecting McLaren to be in the mix as well....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 553
552 REPLIES 552

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Although it's 68 days until lights out on March 15th, this is the F1 calendar for the season. Two new circuits, Zandvoort in the Netherlands and Vietnam. Germany have been dropped from the calendar

A record beaking 22 races with 7 of those back to back. Bring it on!

No photo description available.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 553

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Formula one has went backwards to be honest.used to love watching it,but now I've lost interest.
Message 3 of 553

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Should be an interesting season. Extra races and new circuits.

Will Hamilton win his 7th? I think he will but it will  be a lot tougher than last season.

I think Red Bull will make huge strides forward this season. First season weith a new engine is always challenging and from my time working with a team that used to the Honda engines it will be a different animal this season.

What I would like to see is Hamilton behnd the wheel of a Ferrari!

Message 4 of 553

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jezza1234 wrote:

Should be an interesting season. Extra races and new circuits.

Will Hamilton win his 7th? I think he will but it will  be a lot tougher than last season.

I think Red Bull will make huge strides forward this season. First season weith a new engine is always challenging and from my time working with a team that used to the Honda engines it will be a different animal this season.

What I would like to see is Hamilton behnd the wheel of a Ferrari!

I agree it will be much harder for LH this year but he has experience in his favour, rarely makes mistakes and is a composed natural racer.

As for him in a Ferrari, a distinct possibility, if, as Mercedes are indicating, they won't stay in F1 for much longer. That should upset some of the Tifosi who are quite racist.

However, if he brings Ferrari a WDC I'm sure they will have a change of heart. rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 553

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Breaking news:

Max Verstappen has signed a contract with Red Bull keeping him there till 2023.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11902915/verstappen-signs-new-red-bull-deal?fbclid=IwAR373Qb... 

Mind you, I bet there is a clause in that contract which will state 'unless RBR proves to be a non WDC car, then I will be free to talk to other teams' rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 553

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a lap of Zandvoort years ago, it’s great to see it in the calendar! I’m hoping to see more from Red Bull, as in.. beating Ferrari.. and Daniel R up top too (although I fear that’s too much to hope for if recent car/team form is anything to go by)

Message 7 of 553

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I'm looking forward to the start again
Message 8 of 553

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@liggerz87 wrote:
I'm looking forward to the start again

So am I @liggerz87 . Only 67 days until lights out. Less than that if you include Practice sessions.rofl

Mind you, we have the start of winter testing next month so it will be great to see the cars for 2020. No doubt Red Bull will run their usual camouflage livery for testing. I always think it's far better than their race trim actually. yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 553

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
True there camo looks cool I dont have sky so will be watching through channel 4 or 5 whichever it's on lol
Message 10 of 553