Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurovision 2018

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So it's come around again, that special Saturday in May..... what we have all been waiting for Bouncy... no not the FA Cup final, not even the Europa Final or the first balmy days of summer! Nope, it's the Saturday all nighters of the wonderful Eurovision Fantastic

Some questions therefore ::

• Are we all looking forward to it
  • Do you have a favourite song
  • Do you think the UK have now lost what little support they have had for the last 25 years
  • Have you all got the extra wine and Vodka in ready
  • Are we going to see anything worth downloading or even remembering 
  • Are we going to be allowed to enter after next year given we have burnt all the bridges we took years to build
  • Does anyone actually care
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Sorry used to watch Eurovision many years ago but got bored with the whole business when it was clear we were unlikely to ever win again. It's become way too political and we've definitely burned too many bridges.

However, I know many people love it and like @darrengf have parties to celebrate and enjoy it. I've a number of friends who never miss it. While no longer to my taste, I can appreciate it brings pleasure to so many others. So enjoy @darrengf and anyone else who watches every year and wouldn't miss it.

Me, I'll be catching up on my recordings 😊

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 21 of 53

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Much better quality of the gem @Anonymous and I actually enjoyed watching Riverdance again although not as enthralled as I was the first time I saw it.

Come Saturday, I will either be getting aquainted with folks down at The Black Dog or finding a good film on Netflix or Film 4 Happy Dance

Message 22 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'll just be watch F1 P3 and Qualy two or 3 times....then probably Britain has No Talent which gives me a much better laugh than Eurovision.....

Oh and Cov City have a play off match on Saturday...so I will see if that is being televised...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Much better quality of the gem @Anonymous and I actually enjoyed watching Riverdance again although not as enthralled as I was the first time I saw it.

Come Saturday, I will either be getting aquainted with folks down at The Black Dog or finding a good film on Netflix or Film 4 Happy Dance

Yeah much better but no Wogan.

Can I recommend:

Senna 

One of the best documentarys on sport & certainly the best on F1 ever!!!

Aye-er-ton...Aye-er-ton...Aye-er-ton...Senna do Brazzlilllll

Message 24 of 53

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Britain's Got Talent @Cleoriff yes you are right , no talent which is why most of the acts (?Bang) are from overseas. Why are they even allowed on the show at all.Irritates the hell out of me!!!Rolleys

@AnonymousI have bookmarked that to watch one afternoon instead of the endless dross on daytime TV. triumph

Message 25 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Britain's Got Talent @Cleoriff yes you are right , no talent which is why most of the acts (?Bang) are from overseas. Why are they even allowed on the show at all.Irritates the hell out of me!!!Rolleys

@AnonymousI have bookmarked that to watch one afternoon instead of the endless dross on daytime TV. triumph

BGT Occasionally a gem shines through though @jonsie. The rest I watch as the appallingly bad acts make me laugh.

As for the film 'Senna'...as you know he is my all time favourite driver, so I have watched the film/documentary more times that I care to mention

I have also watched Rush, Life in the Limit, Weekend of a Champion, and the 1966 film Grand Prix. 

Of course there are also documentaries about most of the drivers past and present and they have also been watched.

Sad to say I have no interest in Schumacher. He may be a legend in the eyes of some, though I happen to think he cheated his way to two of his titles.

I would also say he is revered more now due to his tragic skiing accident than his F1 career. People have very short memories in my opinion.

On that extremely inflammatory and controversial note I will leave that there. Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 53

Darkjamzi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Some questions therefore ::

• Are we all looking forward to it YES
  • Do you have a favourite song NO
  • Do you think the UK have now lost what little support they have had for the last 25 years YES
  • Have you all got the extra wine and Vodka in ready YES (and beer)
  • Are we going to see anything worth downloading or even remembering Probably not
  • Are we going to be allowed to enter after next year given we have burnt all the bridges we took years to build YES, this is Eurovision, about Europe, NOT the EU.
  • Does anyone actually care NOPE

Every year we get together and have a Eurovision party, it is great!!

Message 27 of 53

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I haven't been following it live in many years, but will tune in via YouTube later. slight_smile I've been following the news though as we have our Saara Aalto (you saw her in the British X-Factor earlier) representing my country and I quite like her. I need to listen to the other songs too that got through to the finals! Happy Dance

Oh welcome to the community @DarkjamziWave 

Message 28 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes Sarah Aalto has a brilliant voice and and even better command of a multitude of foreign languages. She was on ITV this morning running few a few phrases... in at least 10 different languages @Marjo 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 53

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Now I might actually watch some Eurovision if Saara Aalto is representing Finland. I loved her voice and so wanted her to win X Factor though I knew it was unlikely as she isn't British.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 30 of 53