cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you ise your phone while on holiday?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When we go abroad on holiday, I usually switch off my phone until we get back to English shores. My view is, that we go away to get away from things.Besides which, if we get any news,we can't get back any quicker than the ship/plane  will bring us,so there's no point in going over and over things in my head that I can do nothing to change.

When I see people with a phone glued to their ear, I wonder why they bothered to come away, if they can't do without   daily contact. What did they do before mobile phones existed?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think you're right Immey, I can understand someone wanting to check the news perhaps once a day or having it for a possible emergency, but to call friends for a gas when you;re away from home suggests you may just as  well have not gone. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's good to know It's not just me, then. However, we may be in the minority, but then, good taste isn't all that common these days, is it?wink
Message 3 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
P.s. How do I get a smiley to work? As you see, I put the correct symbols, but the result wasn't a smiley face.
Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

i only take a phone on holiday for emergencies

Message 5 of 33

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
P.s. How do I get a smiley to work? As you see, I put the correct symbols, but the result wasn't a smiley face.

When typing your answer click the yellow button at the top and choose the one you want, it will appear where your cursor is. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Sorry to be dense, but the only yellow showing at the top of my page is in the blue band, and it's the Weather icon.The box I'm writing in is on my O2 community page.
Message 7 of 33

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's at the top of the box where you type your answer and it's a yellow smiley.

Put your mouse over it and it says "Insert Emoticon", the line starts B I U.

Unless you're using a phone but I think you should still see it.

Message 8 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Hit the reply button and the smiley face button is on top of the reply box Untitled
Message 9 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh! Thanks Perksie and Jonsie.

I think the problem was that I clicked "fast reply", rather than "reply."

I recently re-joined "Which" and have a magazine about solving computer problems. An article about removing things with Malawarebytes seemed interesting, so I ran a full scan. Loads of "pup blabbers" came up. As I'm not an IT expert, I'm not sure which of the potential faults are really safe to keep,  and which should be removed completely.

Do either of you know how i can tell which is which? If I remove the lot, what am I likely to lose irrevocably? Sorry that's a BIG word, but for me it's a BIG problem, and as usual i 'm hoping for a quick answer.Cat FrustratedCat Wink

Message 10 of 33