Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating your old pay as you go number to a monthly contract

Sneakers77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been an O2 pay as you go customer for quite some and recently I decided to upgrade my phone and take out a monthly contract. While doing my research and chatting to staff via the online portal/chats, i quite happy to hear, that I could keep my old number and not have to go through the painful process of getting a new number and updating all my accounts etc with new information. Great news!!! 

Once i got the phone and set it up, I contacted the customer service portal and requested that they implement the number change (keeping my old number for the new monthly contract). Sounds pretty straightforward. I was told the process would take 24 hours. I asked for this on the 23rd of March.

As of today the 29th of March, O2 has not implemented my request. Going further they then removed my old pay as you go number from my account (this is the number I wanted to keep). Now after spending countless hours trying to get this matter resolved, I am no closer to my goal. The agent I chatted with said he would "elevate the issue" to the appropriate team and that I would get a response within 5 - 10 working days. Is this normal?             

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Sneakers77 

Yes, if they have to pass it to the IT team to fix, as your call goes into a queue for them to resolve.. 

You need to call up and not use the live chat options if you have been doing..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Porting and migration problems seem to be very prevailant with all networks at the moment though I do believe O2 must be the worst of the lot

Only my opinion going off the number of similar issues here on the community, some of which have been horrendous and still dragging on after a number of months

Message 3 of 6

Sneakers77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If this is a persistent problem, why doesn't the corporate office of O2 actively try and resolve this issue? 

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Now you're just being sensible........

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

At the moment it's pot luck getting through to an adviser who actually acknowledges the problem and knows how to resolve it

Once upon a time customer service agents would receive a daily bulletin via email with issues and how to resolve them

It was the duty of advisers to read the said email before logging on each day

Not sure just how many advisers today can read and write. Most don't leave any notes on the account....

Message 6 of 6