Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice 2022.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123032 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Yes I know it's early but ITV have started to announce the contestants @Mi-Amigo and @sheepdog (and anyone else interested.

I've read that John Barrowman won't be judging this series. No news on who will replace him.

Today we have the first two contestants.

1) Sally Dynevor.

Sally has played Sally Webster on Coronation Street for 35 years. Aged 58. As I watch Corrie she is well known to me (lol)

Cleoriff_0-1633351293041.jpeg

2) Mark 'Bez' Berry from Happy Mondays

Already my favourite. Just love him. Mad as a box of frogs but apparently taking this seriously.

Bez.jpg

At least I know these two... I expect the rest will be announced over the next two weeks.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92

Cleoriff
  • 123032 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

SKATING SUNDAY 16th January.

Missed the other six partnerships but here are the 6 who are skating on Sunday. (The pictures wont copy and paste so am expecting each image to be enormous, which is pretty typical of the 'new forum' change!)

NO MUSICAL CHOICES (as yet)

DOI 22 1.jpg

DOI 22 2.jpg

DOI 22 3.jpg

DOI 22 4.jpg

DOI 22 5.jpg

DOI 22 6.jpg

A reminder that the show starts at 6.30pm - 8pm on Sunday.  So 90 minutes. As it's ITV that will be  a total of 30 minutes of skating and an hour of filler and adverts. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 93

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25171 Posts
  • 813 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the advanced notice @Cleoriff 

Looks like a good line-up for the opening show.

Can`t wait...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 22 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 123032 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo @sheepdog @gmarkj 

Music for Week One

* Kimberley and Mark - What About Us By Pink

* Brendan and Vanessa -Black Betty By Ram Jam

* Bez and Angela - Step On By Happy Mondays (😂 What else? Brilliant!) 

* Ria and Lucasz - Treat People With Kindness By Harry Styles

* Sally and Matt - She's Always A Woman- By Billy Joel

* Kia and Tippy - Bonkers By Dizzie Rascal.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 93

Mi-Amigo
  • 25171 Posts
  • 813 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the songs for Week 1 @Cleoriff 

Quite a variety of styles, which should be interesting to see celebs skate and dance to. 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 24 of 93

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Hmmm nothing posted since Sunday...anyway, my views on the show. Missed the opening segment so no comments.

Brendan Cole who was surprisingly good, scored 30.5 

Sally from Corrie: this series push around by the pro, scored 23.0

Kye: good stuff and one to watch for progress though looked unstable at times. Scored 24.0

Ria: competent but bored me, scored 24.5

Kimberly: whoa. Thought Brendan was a good start, Kimberly is going to be pushing hard! Synchronisation issues but fixable. Scored 30.0

Bez: oh dear. You think the melon helmet and safety gear was for a laugh? Think again he needed it. Downright awful yet fun. But no more please. Scored an overmarked 12.0 and most of that for turning up as Bez. 

Popular vote went according to fanbases so Bez was saved for no reason than the Bez fanclub are going to vote like mad to get him through. Thus unfairly sending Ria into next weeks skate-off. 

Overall not a bad opening show, Philip Schofield looks lost trying to do live interviews and Holly could barely breathe in that dress. Oti finding her feet with the scoring but thankfully honest and better than Mosti. Still way too many adverts that I don't care about. 

As the wolf pack don't do cold, the Ice sharks will be let loose  😎

Message 25 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 123032 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Yes apologies for not posting  @sheepdog. Unfortunately a very sudden change of events saw me I  hospital Sunday afternoon. I was expecting to be at home by Sunday night.That didnt happen and I'm  still there now. 

Quite furious as I'd  got my notepad ready for the start lol. Hopefully a catchup when I get home and maybe something written tomorrow night. Poor quality writing on my mobile. I can't post emojies 😂 Apologies now I can ...be pleased to get back to my pc!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 93

Mi-Amigo
  • 25171 Posts
  • 813 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the write up @Cleoriff .

A brilliant job seeing you are relying on phone and in hospital. I wish you a speedy recovery and will be home soon.

As to DOI, I thought Brendon and Kimberley put on brilliant opening performances and have set a high bar for the competition.

Bez was surely only there as a joke and was saved by his fan base. Is he going to be another Todd ??

In my opinion, it should`ve been Sally in the skate-off next week.    

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 27 of 93

RunrigForever
  • 2196 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for all of the posts so far.

Sorry you are in hospital @Cleoriff wishing you a speedy recovery and are at home soonest.

Brendan Cole to do very very well ..... think James Jordan another professional ballroom / Latin Americn dancer who won his season on DOI ..... I'd put a bet on Brendan to win except I may put the mokkaz on it ..... whoever is partnered with professional skater Matt Evers will do well ..... there is a rugby player so I'll be watching him, purely because sports men and women do well as they are used to having a trainer.

*dancing brings people together* Robin Coussens at the Sochi Winter Olympics

I didn't get to watch the live Sunday show as I've naffed up the settings on my new big flat screen tv.  

***DESORMAIS***
Message 28 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 123032 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

So now had time to play catch up and that includes DOI.

Oti made a great first impression as a judge. Far less aggravating than her sister on SCD.

Brendan. Excellent first skate. I'm not sure it was 'the best ever first skate' as stated by Chris. I can still remember Ray Quinn even if others want to forget him.

Sally did better than I expected. I didn't see much pulling and pushing if honest. I saw she was terribly nervous and did well for a first skate.

Kye did quite well although the song was boring and I shall watch him for improvement.

Kimberly: Just wow with her. Really excellent. I see the one I always mix her up with (Ashley Roberts) was in the audience

Ria did a surprisingly well. Not one for the dance off.

Bez. Well what can I say. I really hoped he would be better than that.  Got more enjoyment watching Shaun Ryder in the audience if honest.

Apart from Bez it was a great start to the show. Looking forward to next week.

As for Phil, I thought he looked really weird in that ill fitting jacket. Looked unwell to me.

Holly looked as gorgeous as ever. 😁

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 123032 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Latest News for Sunday 23/1/22

Rachel Stevens wont be able to skate Sunday as she has sustained an injury during training. She has a fractured wrist.

Bez has tested positive for Covid and he can't train and boy, does he need to train. 🙄

https://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/606675-rachel-stevens-forced-out-of-dancing-on-ice-live-show-after... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 93