Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice 2021

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

The first of 12 contestants has been announced for the new series starting in 2021

Myleene Klass

myleene klass dancing on ice 2021

The judging panel remains the same as last year with Torvill and Dean, AShley Banjo and John Barrowman.

It will be hosted by Phil and Holly.

I read somewhere there will be a change in professional skaters. Not sure of all of them, though I do know that Alex Murphy who partnered Joe Swash to his unexpected win last year, has not been asked to return!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a34089057/dancing-on-ice-2021-announces-first-celebrity-myl... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 186
185 REPLIES 185

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff for the new thread.

Great news to hear DOI is to return Bouncy and Ashley is to be a judge.

Can`t wait to learn who else will be Dancing On Ice...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I shall try to keep up with the announcements @Mi-Amigo ....but feel free to post if you hear anything before me...yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 186

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Hmmm. Can this line up be better than Strictly 2020? So far we have a serial reality show groupee in Mylee Klass who I thought would be more Strictly than DOI. 

Given some celebs have pretty much hung onto the Pro's for most of the routines, it could be pretty dismal series to watch without that interaction let alone the icy atmosphere (boom boom) of no audience. Never thought I'd write it but DOI without the audience is going to be boring. 

Message 4 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I've found a Radio times article with some rumoured contestants.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20**Personal info**/dancing-on-ice-2021-line-up-contestants/ 

Just posting the names I know

Sally Dyvenor (from Corrie)

Bez Berry (Happy Mondays)

Wayne Bridge (Footballer)

Denise Van Outen

Denise Lewis (Olympian)

Samantha Giles (Emmerdale)

Jodie Prenger(West End Musicals)

Jake Canuso (Mateo in Benidorm)

A couple of Love Islanders and some fool from Ru Pauls Drag Race...joy

All can be seen in the article above....

If the rumours are true, I'm looking forward to seeing Bez from Happy Mondays. I'm sure he will provide comedy...if nothing else. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

So, the 2nd contestant has been announced for DOI and it's none of the above. joy

Joe Warren Plant  who plays Jacob in Emmerdale. He's 18 and has actually 'grown up on the show'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

The 3rd Contestant to be announced is Denise Van Outen (at least she WAS in the unconfirmed list rofl)  She also was a runner up on SCD in 2012. So as long as she can stand up on a pair of skates, she will be OK.

denise van outen wears a sparkly dress as she poses for her dancing on ice 2021 cast photo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 186

Mi-Amigo
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Thank you for speculated list of possible celebs on DOI and two confirmed taking part.

To be honest, I don`t watch soaps, so some of those names don`t mean much to me.

That said, from comments Marlene has made about her daughters skating and wanting her to take part, it will be interesting to see how she copes; and Denise, having been runner-up in Strictly, will probably be competitive; so should be worth watching, in my opinion. 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

4th and 5th Contestaants announced

Jason Donovan

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says "Jason Donovan ACTOR AND SINGER I'm SO excited to learn a new skill and experience something that would probably never have done on my own. DANCING ON"

And Faye Brookes. Ex Corrie

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says "Faye Brookes ACTRESS " I'm a trained dancer, but attempting to put something already know very well on skates is quite scary! " DANCING ON യ"

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 186

Mi-Amigo
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff 

Now they should make it competitve, interesting, and worth watching in my opinion thumbsup

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 186