Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service from Carphone Warehouse

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Has anyone had any problems with Carphone Warehouse?

I purchased a phone from them online and the order was missing when I called them so I went in to store and ordered it there. 

I changed my mind about the phone so I wanted a refund.

I was told that it would be ready to collect on Monday between about 10am and 12 noon.  As I work, I asked my mum to collect it.  My mum went about 11am and she was told that it was not in yet.  She told them that I wanted a refund but they said they couldn't do it until the phone had arrived.  She went to a few shops and returned later that day and she was told that it was not in yet. 

My mum went back the next day.  Although the phone had arrived, the sales assistant said there was not enough money in the til to refund me.  I paid cash.  I got a £150 phone for £60 due to an upgrade.  I also got a memory card with it - which I was told was free - but when I got home and looked at the receipt it said that I had infact paid for it - very misleading!

My mum went to that store a further 2 times and a different store once and on each occasion she was told that there was not enough money in the til.  It was only £70 I wanted refunding - it's not like it was a £300 refund.

I was very annoyed by this so I waited until I was off work and I called the store prior to attending the store - I was told that there was still no money in their til - I told them I wanted a refund as I had waited a week and I kept being told the same thing.  I said that I would go to the store later that day and I wanted a refund by cash or bank transfer.  When I got to the store there was apprently only just enough money in the til and the sales assistant refunded me.

I used to shop with Carphone Warehouse a lot but I hadn't shopped there for a few months.  I won't be shopping there again any time soon.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145037 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Never had a problem myself with CPW either but there are a few who will never go back to them due to being messed about by them....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 31 of 37

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I agree - a few years ago I would of gladly shopped at CPW because they had great service and I got when I wanted and needed.

Nowadays I go into the store and 9 times out of 10 I leave empty handed.

Message 32 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Obviously they must help some people otherwise they wouldn't be trading, but for me they do not help me.
Message 34 of 37

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I find if you kind of know what you are looking for, it makes the transaction easier to deal with.

The only time they couldn't help was when i asked about updating my Nexus S. Long story but I fixed that myself.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 35 of 37

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I complained to CPW and received a response saying they will look into it and get back to me in 48 hours.

I waited 3 days and I heard nothing from them so I sent another email asking them for an update.  They responded by saying that they have passed my complaint to the branch and they will contact me within 5 days. 

Message 36 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck.

I hope you get the result your asking for.
Message 37 of 37