Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 250

Re: Community Spotlight

What do you like about London @Glory1 & living in UK generally ?

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

Oh my how to explain without going on and on and ......

What I love about London is the variety of entertainment, culture and history. Because I live just North of the Thames travel is easy and plentiful. A great choice of buses and tube lines and rail as well. Funnily enough I never did the touristy things when I arrived as I need to get a job and a home. But I did it all when my mum used to visit

What I love about the UK, like the o2 Community, people have made me feel welcome and never treated me as a stranger. You don't know what that meant to me particularly when I moved 3,000 miles to make a new home in a new country (well new to me anyway).

People, when they meet me, tend to think I'm British and are quite surprised to learn I'm American. I take that as a compliment. This is my home now and always will be.

One thing I didn't have any problems with money. Remember I arrived prior to decimalisation. Because I came by ship, one of the barmen got me to change all my money and went through the various coins with me. So I was an old hand with shillings, six pence pieces snd 10 bob notes by the time we docked. A Godsend I can tell you.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Community Manager

@Glory1 wrote:
I love Juice Jam @Marjo but haven't played it in a while. I'm playing a similar game on my Kindle called Cookie Cats which I find addictive.

Cookie Cats, Cookie Cats! I've played it too and got stuck at some point and then gave up. Maybe I should give it another go. Smiley Happy The theme tune is now in my head...

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 547

I know what you mean @Marjo. Cookie Cats, Disco Ducks and Bee Brilliant are all Tactile games and all have many tunes which they 'sing' after you beat a level. I find myself humming them too.

I'm persistent and when I don't beat a level first time I keep at it till I do. Often why I'm up till 05.00 playing...😁

Of course I'm also up very late (or very early depending on your point of view) watching my recordings/films/TV boxsets, reading or listening to music. I'm very much a night person not so much a morning person. In fact, definitely not a morning person except Thursdays when I go shopping. Then I'm up early to avoid the crowds later in the day.

Topics: 547

Mornings, afternoons, weekends, these days they are all the same to me. One day rolls into another and if you were to ask me what day it is, I would simply say who do ManU play next....then its a weekend normally....

Community Manager

@jonsie wrote:

Mornings, afternoons, weekends, these days they are all the same to me. One day rolls into another and if you were to ask me what day it is, I would simply say who do ManU play next....then its a weekend normally....

That sounds like whenever I'm on holiday. It continues a few days after the holiday as well which can be a bit confusing! Smiley Tongue

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!

signature

Love the song #jonsie and the game. I have loads of solitaire games on my Kindle. They're created by Difference Games LLC in California which they call Hidden Solitaire. Each level you play is either Klondike, Pyramid or Freecell you choose. And when you win a level you open a beautiful picture and gain coins to open up the next level. There is also mini games and a bonus wheel to gain extra coins so you can keep paying for new levels. I am addicted to these games. In fact I'm addicted to all of Difference Games' games which include hidden object, hidden.mahjong, hidden bubbles (a bubble shooter game), hidden difference and match3. And there are loads in Amazon Underground games - games free to download and totally free to play ie no in'app purchases. I've got 100s on my Kindle and I do mean 100s!

Yep @jonsie I'm pretty much the same on days. When you retire and don't have to be up early 5 days a week every day is much like another. The way I remember which day it is is based on what I'm watching on TV that evening, if I'm meeting a friend for a meal or drinks and when I go shopping. Otherwise what day it is not so important. And time just rushes by.

@Marjo I bet it is confusing if your 'holiday mood' continues when your back at work. But I do know what you mean. I was the same when I worked and came back from holiday. But, unfortunately it doesn't last and you get back into working mode fairly fast. Oh the joys of being retired and the fact that your time is your own. Love it....😊

Community Manager

Do you ever miss working? Smiley Happy

signature